1

C H A P T E R   1

It was finally time to leave for my boarding school. My parents had to move across the country for work. As they worked under the President, we couldn't move with them. It's already been a year and since then my brother has been taking care of me. He's been strict and had given me only three chances to screw up before signing me up to a boarding school. All of which I used up. Despite the fact that my parents were returning next year, he forced me to join this school.

"Tris, we're getting late", my brother shouted.

"I'll be right there Jackson."

We were ready to go as everything was packed. Jack dropped me to the boarding school and kissed me goodbye. I hated having to join here, so I just waved at him in return.

I was wearing a black short skirt with a blue crop top and high heels. As soon as I entered, I tripped over a guy.

"Watch it slut", he screamed at me.

Slut? How dare he calls me a slut? I didn't think anything through and I slapped him. Anger raged in his eyes as he grabbed me by my hair. He pulled my hair to make me face him and raised his hand to slap me. My heart was racing and I closed my eyes in fear but nothing happened. As I slowly opened my eyes I could see another boy holding his hand.

"Ryan, that's enough", he said.

"Look at this slut's clothes and she fucking slapped me", Ryan replied with a strong grip on my hair.

"Ryan! I said that's enough. She's new here and I'm sure she isn't familiar with how things work here. Let her go."

And with that he let me go. I was so relieved. This guy had come like a knight in shining armour to save me. I instantly liked him.

"Will. William Addington", he introduced himself.

"Tris Avery and thank you", I said with a smile. He was standing still and I asked him what he meant by how things worked here.

"Oh you will learn soon enough. Remember, I've got you", and he left.

I was so grateful to him when he said that. Little did I know what he meant by 'I've got you'.

My first day itself went so bad and I dreaded thinking about how I was going to survive for years. I hated my brother now, more than ever for sending me here. I went to my dorm room. It was beautiful. Each of us had  well furnished, huge single rooms. I was happy about it. I finished unpacking my stuff when I heard a knock on the door.

When I opened the door, it was Nora! I was so elated to see her here. She was my childhood bestfriend but she had moved away with her parents after primary school. We've been in touch every now and then through social media but this was a stunner.

She was so happy to see me too. We hugged each other and after having a heartfelt conversation she said, "I heard about what happened. Ryan thought he already had authority over you and that's the reason he acted like that. In this school everyone is in a dom/sub relationship. If you refuse it, you will be treated as an outcast and there's no turning back."

From the moment I stepped into this school, everything has only been shocking. Dom/sub relationship? Like BDSM? The only thing I knew about this was from Fifty Shades of Grey. I recovered from this and said, "How do you know about all this? I thought you came in today too?"

"My brother went to this school. He explained it to me a few days ago. You can ask any guy to be your dom or they might come and ask you. It's your choice and in the end if you refuse, you will be an outcast. Trust me, after a few days you will get used to this. We do not have any other choice now anyways, so cheer up", Nora said.

I did not know what to say. I was just sitting with a blank face. She continued, "School won't start until next week. By then you should have chosen your dom. I already have mine. He was my brother's junior. Elliott Fox. Do you want to find yours?"

I was shocked. Again. At how Nora was okay with all of these and how she was so forward about it. She had already chosen her dom. I still needed time to process all this so I said, "Not today Nora. Maybe tomorrow? And what do these doms do to us?"

"They train you to be disciplined I guess. I'm not familiar with the details. My brother just gave me an overview. Alright rest up now. See you tomorrow" and she left.

I was lying on my bed and comprehending the information I had just received. I remembered how she said we had no other choice but to accept this way of school life now. And suddenly William flashed my mind. He seemed so sweet and took a stand for me when he didn't even know me. It wouldn't be so bad to be trained by the kind one. I fell asleep thinking about him.

Thank you for reading.
Please vote, comment and share <3