23

C H A P T E R 23

I was having such a good day. Ryan had become normal with me. He had told me something which was so personal to him, his most humiliating experience. I hated my brother a little extra now. I wasn't so surprised after the way he had punished Will. How can I forget that he was the reason for one of my most painful punishments. Will inflicted unbearable pain on my pussy only because of Jackson.

I didn't want to think about it anymore. I finally felt normal and settled in this school.
It was Culutral Night Today!! I was excited, I got dressed up and met Nora on the way.

Excitement and Enthusiasm. This was one of the most important day in my school life as it was known to be the best day. The evening was dazzling with lights and decorations. The atmosphere was totally euphoric.

Nora finished her welcome speech. After that the show started. "Ladies and gentlemen, guys and girls, presenting before you the show stopper..Natalie Holmes!!"

Her outfit included high heels, choker and shimmering ear cuffs. She was wearing a pink ball gown embellished with satin and it had a deep neckline. She was looking smooth and elegant in it along with her messy bun hairstyle. She looked pretty confident that she was going to be the star of the show.

She finished her performance. It was mesmerizing. The show continued and I went to get some drink. I saw Will standing alone in the corner. He looked upset. I gathered all my courage and went to talk to him despite knowing it was an extremely bad idea.

"Are you alright?", I asked.

He turned to look at me. "I am", he nodded.

So I turned around and started walking away.

"Did you mean it Tris?", he came after me asking.

I stopped. "Mean what?"

"Do you really love me Tris?", he asked sounding wounded. I could see it in his eyes that he wasn't alright.

"Will. I'm sorry about that day. I was drunk", I replied.

"That's what I thought", he said.
"Anyways you are looking hot"

A compliment. Now that was a surprise. I was in a black outfit today. I was wearing simple accessories, high length knee boots and a glittery scarf.

"Thanks. I guess", I smiled. I was glad he didn't prolong the conversation about the proposal. I'm not even sure I loved him anymore.

Then I asked him, "What are we Will? Are we even in a relationship?"

"I don't know", he said quavering.

I held his face with both my hands gently, "Will, seriously. Are you fine?", I asked as he was clearly suffering.

He looked me in the eye and we started kissing each other.

He then held my face in his arms and said, "Oh. I've missed you so much."

We kissed again. It was so passionate and hot. Then I heard Will's name being announced on the stage.

"Are you performing?", I asked cheerfully.

"Yes. And you are too", he held my arm and pulled me with him.

"What? Will no. I haven't practiced. How can I dance?"

He stopped near the stage and asked,"Tris. Do you trust me?"

"Yes", I said.

Our performance would surely be very embarrassing. I was really worried though I could do nothing about it. I couldn't deny to dance because obviously I wouldn't want to disobey him.

We entered the stage. He guided me across the dance floor as if we were in a dream. He kept his eyes on me, yet still, he knew exactly where to take me. Every moment, every angle seemed to be planned in advanced. Nothing felt forced; I literally thought I was floating.

"Will" I whispered, "everyone is looking at us."

He squeezed my hand slightly and smiled. "Really," he chuckled softly, "I haven't noticed."

With that, I knew. He need not say more. His heart, his whole being was now mine and mine alone. The chemistry between us worked great. My worried mood - the reactant. His love for me - the catalyst. The product was this sensual dance!

Our performance was definitely sensational. I had lost that feeling of panic and anxiety . I enjoyed the performance thoroughly and it seemed really strange. Soon after my performance, I could see people crowding around me.

'Tris, you were super cool'.
'I'm glad that I could see you perform today'.
'Miss Avery. Good job'.
'You both look great together'.

These were the only few words I could hear among-st all the praising, shouting, applauding. Huge fan following. I was indeed the star of the day. Little credit had to be extended to Will too. Finally Nora turned up and gave me a tight hug, "Babes..you just rocked it" she said and a smile broke out on my face.

The day was going on pretty well. And I was actually enjoying the attention. Will said that he wasn't feeling well and he went to his room.

Later, few of my classmates performed when it was their turn to. Not at all impressive. The crowd had become passive now. Everyone were looking tired and exhausted. No one was applauding anymore.

It was almost the end of the night. Hardly one or two were yet to perform. I could hear people gossiping. The popular gossip was about the last performance. The much awaited one. All eyes were eager to see it and I was real curious too.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Guys and girls. The last but not the least performance tonight. Brace yourselves. The heart throb of the school is here! I know you will all love it!" Surprisingly, the crowd regained it's lost spirit and started cheering. "Ry! Ry!"

I knew who Ry was. I knew he would sweep everyone off their feet. I knew his performance would be jaw-dropping. I knew him. It was Ryan.

But Ry? Is that a thing now? Heart throb and Ryan? How did I not know this? Since I'm an introvert, I didn't socialise much. I kept my friends circle small and talked to only few of them. I didn't really know a lot of people in this school. It was confined to me and my dom. But he was cute and handsome, ofcourse Ryan is loved by everyone.

I saw Natalie and her group shouting and hooting for Ryan. I rushed to the backstage to wish him luck.

"Hey. Kill it there", I said when I spotted him.

"Yeah right", he scoffed.

"Is something wrong?", I asked.

"I wanted to ask you to dance with me Tris. Why do you think I took you to my dance practices? You had seen my performance and we would have been perfect together."

I was stunned. He wanted to dance with me?

"Ryan, I had no idea", I said apologetically.

"I cannot believe you agreed to dance with him. After all he's done to you. You know what? He even made..." Ryan was cut off by the host. He looked angry when he said that to me. He was called again and he went onto the stage.

What did he mean by made? Made what? I was thinking and made out flashed into my mind. Will cheated on me? Technically, maybe not cheating as we weren't really together. I'm not even sure if Ryan meant made out.

Thank you for reading.
Please vote, comment and share <3