30

C H A P T E R 30

The following notice was issued to Will.

Will Addington.
Suspended for one week.

The below given rules should be followed for a period of one month, excluding the week's suspension. If not, you will be expelled without further warning.

1. Report to the warden, everyday after school.
2. Tasks and duties assigned by the warden to be completed without fail.
3. Warden will escort you to and from school, you are not allowed to leave your room without prior permission.
4. You are not allowed to attend any extra curricular activities, which includes football practice.
5. 100% attendance is mandatory.
6. Your cellphone will be confiscated. Only calls to family members allowed, twice a week.

Any further misbehavior in the school will result in your expulsion.

There were pictures of this notice being circulated in social media. I was happy that he was being treated like a prisoner. He had to be, he committed a criminal offence. He's an offender of law.

I did not see Will anywhere for the rest of the week. I ignored Ryan too. Finally I was at peace, there were no significant guys in my life anymore. I used to hang out with Nora often and I had also signed up for badminton. So, I kept myself busy.

After a week, Will returned to school. The first day, he just lay low. He did not talk to anyone. Ryan kept apologizing to me every chance he got, but I did not pay attention. He had betrayed me and I did not have the energy to deal with more drama in my life.

After a few days, Will was hanging out with his guy friends. Elliott and the others seemed to have forgiven him. But Will did not look happy, he always seemed lost.
I had seen him clearing out the weed from the field, cleaning the washrooms, painting the storage room and various other chores. This might have been the tasks assigned to him. Serves him right, I thought.

A week after his return, during the lunch hour, he came to my table. I looked up at him, I wasn't scared of him anymore. I was disgusted by him.

"Tris...", he pleaded.

"Don't", I cut him off.

"Please. I just want to talk", he said.

"I said NO", I shouted.

Elliott came running and said, "Will man, you cannot risk it. This will be labelled as misbehavior and you can get expelled. Don't do this to yourself. Come on." Elliot said to me that he was sorry and they both left.

After two days, I was waiting in the lobby, when Will approached me again.

"You cheated on me too Tris. So you owe me to atleast listen to what I have to say", he pleaded.

"DON'T YOU DARE ACCUSE ME OF CHEATING YOU UNFAITHFUL DOG!", I yelled.

He did not say anything.

"I did not cheat on you. Ryan kissed me. I backed away. You were too busy fuming and planning my punishment to notice that. You did not have the decency to atleast confirm what you saw and punished me like you had no humanity.

I. Did. Not. Fucking. Cheat. On. You.

Get this inside your pathetic little head", I said.

Dave, Ryan everybody had gathered by then. Dave spoke first, "Tris, I get that you are angry. But you cannot use cuss words. It is not an acceptable behaviour."

"Look at his audacity. After all that I've been through because of him, he is coming here to accuse me of something I never did?"

Ryan said, "I know you're angry on me too. But you have to listen to me. Please don't swear. You don't have to talk to him if you do not wish to. It's simple."

"Okay. I'm sorry", I said to Ryan and Dave.

After school, I went to Ryan's room to thank him. I knew if there was any other girl in my position today, he would have definitely put a bar of soap in their mouth.

I had all these feelings stuffed in me for days. I let it all out. "I feel so lonely Ryan. This is the worst I have ever felt since I came to this school. I don't know if I can survive this."

"You can and you will. You have me. At every step of your life. Not just me, everyone in this school is on your side. Don't you worry about anything now. You have such an amazing friend, Nora."

"Thank you", I hugged him and came to my room.

Next day in the lunch, Will came to me again.

"Tris. I still love you. I meant every word I said that day. I did not say that to stop you from reporting me. I said it because it's the truth Tris. Please", he said. He looked distressed.

"What do you want from me Will", I said irritated.

"I want you to forgive me. I want you to talk to me", he pleaded.

I stood up and left the canteen.

He did not bother me after that. An announcement was made that Prom would be organized next week. I was so excited. Finally, something that was fun. I decided to ask Ryan but I thought of Will just for a second. It was the last week of his punishment, that meant he could attend the prom.

I saw Ryan later in the evening, and I was nervous. I didn't have the courage for small talk now so I got straight to the point.

"Umm Ryan, do you want to go to prom with me?", I was blushing.

"Oh Tris. I'm flattered. I truly am. I had never thought you would ask me. I really want to go with you but Nat asked me in the morning. She literally begged me and she was very upset, I had no idea why so I said Yes. Can I talk to her and get back to you?", he asked hoping that I wouldn't mind.

Nat? Seriously? She was the reason why I got punished in the first place. If he was so angry about it, why hate only Will? Why not Nat?

"No, it's fine Ryan. It's totally cool. Maybe I'll just go with my girl friends. Maybe I'll not go. But it's okay", I wasn't sure of the words coming out of my mouth.

"No. I'll just tell her that I'm going with you and then I'll let you know", he said.

"Don't bother", I said and left.

Thank you for reading.
Please vote, comment and share<3