Farewell (Part 1)

Few years later..

We had been to a restaurant. Link and I were waiting for Jace and Natalie. I'd have never in a thousand years, thought that Natalie and my brother would get together.

"Hi Link. You look good", Natalie said.

"Hi. You too", he said as Jace arrived too.

He pulled the chair for Natalie and sat down after.

"Are you tired from the journey?", I asked my brother and Nat.

Link gave me a stern look.

"Sorry sir", I said and looked down.

"It's alright Link. It's us", Nat said.

"It doesn't matter. She will not speak unless she's given permission to", he said strictly.

When the waiter came, Link ordered food for only three people and said to me, "You will starve today. That should teach you to behave."

They had their lunch while I sat there with my head bowed down. When the waiter was serving wine, I moved my elbow and the wine spilled all over the table.

"My apologies. Let me clean that up", the waiter said.

"That's alright. You may leave", Link said.

"Tris. You know what to do", he said looking at me.

"Link", I said pleadingly and regretted it the next second as Link pinned me down on the table.

"I'm sorry sir. It just slipped. I'll never speak without your permission again", I said.

He let go of me. Red wine was all over my face.

"You made the wine spill. You will clean it. Don't make me say it again", he scolded.

"Sir. I did not see him. It was an accident. Please forgive me", I said.

He grabbed me by my hair and forced me to lick the wine from the table. He did not let me go until every drop of wine was licked.

"Disobey me again and you will be punished in the playroom for 2 hours straight", he threatened.

"I guess, we will leave now", Nat said and took Jace with her.

We went home. As I was entering our bedroom, Link came to kiss me. I pushed him away and went to bed.

After some time he came in and asked, "Was it too much?"

He looked concerned. I didn't respond. I felt too humiliated.

He held my hand and said, "Tris. If you don't talk, how will I understand? Please tell me. What's wrong?"

I took my hand away from him.

"It was your punishment for the day. You weren't supposed to talk without my permission", he said.

"Do you want me to leave?", he asked.

"Yes", I said.

"I'm sorry Tris. You have your colours. If it was too much you should have used your safe word", he said and left.

I slept there, the whole day.

"Diner is ready. Please come and eat", Link called me.

I went and ate as I was very hungry. We both came back to bed.

Link slept on the floor without any blanket or pillow. I felt bad looking at him like that but I did not ask him to sleep on the floor. I was tired and I fell asleep.