12

C H A P T E R 12

When I regained consciousness, I was lying on the bed in my room. I looked around to see Will standing by my bedside, he looked worried. Nora was sitting on the bed beside me, holding my hand. When she saw me, she asked, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine", I replied with a warm smile. I saw relief take over Will. He sighed, relaxing. Nora helped me up and Will gave me a glass of water. After I drank, Nora fed me as I did not have the energy to eat myself.

Will looked at Nora and said, "I'll get the general physician of the school."

"I'm fine you guys. I don't want a doctor", I said.

He did not wait for me to finish. He left the room and came back with the doc. The doctor did a general check up and said that I was dehydrated and there was nothing to worry about. He prescribed atleast a day of bed rest with a lot of fluids. Will left with the doctor.

I told Nora what had happened. "This is not okay Tris. You have to definitely report him", she shouted in disbelief.

Will was standing at the door. He did not say anything to Nora and just left again.

"Go apologize to him or Elliott will punish you", I said.

"I don't think Elliott would appreciate what Will did either. I think I'm in the clear. Stop worrying about me and rest", she smiled. We both fell asleep.

In the morning, Will came to my room with breakfast and fruit juice. Nora left as she had to finish a task for Elliott. Will helped me eat. I said, "Thanks." No reply, he just left.

Nora returned and we spent most of the day in bed. We watched a movie and talked for hours. I was feeling better by then, Nora took such good care of me. In the evening, she went to get refreshed and eat something. It was Will's turn to make sure I got the bed rest prescribed.

He came inside and sat down on the bed. I looked at him but he looked away.

"Seriously? You're still not going to talk to me?" I asked.

He did not respond. It was although I was talking to myself.

"What you did was unacceptable."
"I think you owe me an apology."
"I want to report you."
"I hate you", I tried to shout.

Still no response. I was thinking of what else to say when Nora arrived. "Will, go and rest. I'll be here with Tris."

Will nodded and kissed me on my forehead before leaving. That was a stunner. I knew he was still concerned about me. He wasn't talking only because he was mad at me.

There were lot of cheers and loud noises coming from the common area. When I asked Nora what was all that about, she told me, " It's Natalie. She is our senior and she just returned from a student exchange program from London. Everybody is excited to meet her."

Wow. That's cool. The weekend was over. We were back to school. Will continued to ignore me. But he kept watching over me. If I broke any rules, he would come and punish me. He would mostly spank me because any other form of punishment would require for him to command. Command means talking to me. As he wasn't talking, he just stuck with spanking.

The grades of our next exam were released. I got A is 2 subjects, B in 1 and D in another subject. After seeing my grades, he didn't punish me. From that day, he stopped watching me. He wouldn't punish me despite me breaking so many rules.

Isn't that what I have wanted from the beginning? I was neither an outcast nor a sub. I had the chance to lead a normal school life now. I had to be overridden with joy. But I wasn't as I was slowly falling in love with Will. I hated this. Maybe this is the reason why I did not report him last week.

I was walking in the lobby, when someone made me trip. I fell down on my elbow. A searing pain shot through my entire arm. I was furious. When I looked up.. a pretty girl was lending her hand to help me get up. Damn. She was beautiful.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you. I'm Natalie", she said with a huge smile on her face.

Even though I knew she did it purposefully, I believed her. "Tris." I took her hand with a smile. She took me to the general physician, I was limping. I had hurt both my elbow and my ankle. The doctor said it was a sprain. He put a cast over my arm.

"Refrain from walking for 3-4 days or you will risk fracturing your ankle", he suggested.

That meant bed rest again! Twice in less than 10days? I thought I better start taking care of myself.

Nora and Elliott came to the Emergency room. Elliott offered to carry me to my room. I said, "Thank you."

Will was already in my room when Elliott laid me on the bed.

"What happened?", he asked Elliott.

He sounded angry, "She better not be doing this to seek attention like a whore", he said to no one in particular.

Before I could say anything, Elliott answered, "She tripped over Natalie's foot."

Will's expression changed instantly like he knew 'Me tripping over Natalie' was bound to happen. Guilty was written all over his face.

Elliott sensed something too as he said "Take care Tris",and motioned Nora to leave with him. Nora hugged me and left.

"Will, who is she?", I asked.

Thank you for reading.
Please vote, comment and share <3