44

C H A P T E R 44

I woke up in a bed. I was wearing Link's T-shirt. I tried to remember how I got here. The memory of everything that had happened after eating the cupcake was groggy. I remember a guy who undressed me and I don't remember anything after that. Link was sitting on the chair with his head in his hands.

"Link. What happened?", I panicked.

"You tell me", he said gritting his teeth.

"I don't remember", I said.

"Ofcourse you don't remember", he said and left.

"Wait. Where are you going? Don't leave me", I shouted.

He came with a tablet and food.

"Have it", he said.

I was very hungry, I completed it quick.

"Link, how did I get here? Did anything happen?", I asked.

"I got there just in time. Had I not told you to be safe? I clearly told you not to drink or smoke? What did you smoke up? Weed?", he asked.

"I don't know. I ate a cupcake", I said.

"Don't you have some fucking responsibility Tris? How can you be so careless? Do you know how dangerous it was out there? You could have been raped!!", he yelled.

I started crying.

Ryan knocked on the door.

"What?", Link asked annoyed.

"I'm sorry for that day. Can we please move on from that? You should punish her Link. This is not something you should let her off the hook. She needs to learn a lesson", Ryan said.

He was probably right. How could I do something so stupid in a public place filled with strangers?

"Punish how? You're the reason this happened. You suggested we leave the girls and play volleyball", he said.

"Link. Don't blame him. It's my fault", I said.

"Dave switched with me. He wanted to take care of Nat. So he asked me to punish Karen. I'm taking her to the forest area, which is right next to us. You can come with us", he said.

"Why are you punishing Karen?", I asked.

"Don't act all innocent. She ate the cupcakes and screwed up too", Ryan said.

"No. I promised Tris I wouldn't try to control her", Link said.

"She wouldn't be safe here today if it weren't for her luck Link. If you don't punish her now, she will not learn and repeat it again. You won't be there to save her everytime", he said.

"I will be there for her. All the time", Link said.

"Punish me. If you think what I did was wrong, punish me Link", I said.

"Tris. No", Link said.

"It's for her own good. Link trust me, she deserves to be punished. If you punish her now, next time she will think before she does something reckless", Ryan said.

"Okay fine. But I can't. You have to", Link asked Ryan and he agreed.

We went to the forest entrance.

"Strip naked. Both of you", Ryan ordered.

I was removing my clothes, when Link said, "Are you insane? What if someone sees?"

"It's a private forest. Even if someone sees, public humiliation is a part of the punishment", Ryan said.

"No. I don't want you to remove your bra and panties", Link said to me.