34

C H A P T E R  34

I slept in, the next day. I didn't attend school, I wanted a break. Will came to my room in the afternoon and knocked. I opened the door and came back to my bed.

"Why didn't you come to school?", he asked.

"I wasn't feeling well", I said.

"What happened? You need something?", he asked concerned.

"YOU happened. I'm not feeling well from yesterday. I haven't slept properly. I feel sick both physically and mentally", I said. I knew I'd receive a slap on my face for saying that when he started to come towards me.

Instead, he got into bed with me and said, "Well ME will happen again. But this time, I'll make you feel better."

He pulled me into his arms and I was laying on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. It was the best feeling ever. It felt like home and I wanted us to stay like that forever. I forgot everything in the world and fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was in bed with blankets covering me protectively

When I woke up, I was in bed with blankets covering me protectively. I looked around, no one was there. After a minute, Will came and said, "You're up. Good. It's evening and I got us coffee."

He helped me sit in the bed and made me drink coffee. I felt better as I had slept peacefully.

"Did ME happen already or want some more?", he laughed.

"I'm good for now. Thanks", I chuckled.

"Okay. Let's take a walk around the park or do you want to do something else?", he asked.

"Walk sounds fine", I said and I got dressed. I wore shorts and a tank top.

"Tris, no", he said.

"Come on. It's not even school. We are just going for a walk", I protested.

"Cool", he agreed and I was glad.

As we were walking, he held my hand. It was like a typical boyfriend-girlfriend thing again. Walking around holding hands. I'd be lying if I say I didn't like it.

"Tris, now tell me. Is failing an option to you? What if you're not able to clear it before next sem?", he asked.

"No", I said.

"You had so many days to prepare for your exams. Why didn't you study seriously?", he asked.

"I studied. It was a difficult subject. And with everything that happened with Natalie, it was distracting. It was really hard to concentrate", I explained.

Then we sat on a bench. He let go of my hand and said, "If it was a difficult subject, you could ask Nora to help you. You could talk to me about Natalie's punishment. I'd have helped you take that off your mind and concentrate. There were so many other options too if you'd really wanted to study. But you chose to ignore it because you had already decided you didn't want to study. Am I right?"

"No Will", I said softly.

"What other excuses have you got then?", he asked irritated.

"Fine. You're right. I didn't want to study as it was difficult", my eyes were filled with tears already.

"Then didn't you deserved to be punished? If I don't punish you now, you will repeat it again. You won't study for your next exams too. What should I do when you fail in all subjects? Are you willing to repeat this sem?", he asked.

"The punishment was extreme. I didn't deserve to be punished like that", I managed to say.

"But I had to punish you and you agree. Yes?"

"Yes", I cried. Tears started rolling.

Why had I become so weak? I wasn't like this in the beginning, I was defiant and brave. I could take in whatever Will gave me. Even the silliest matter hurts and scares me now.

He came closer and put his arm around my shoulder. He put his other hand on my face. "It's okay. It's over now. Please don't cry. I just wanted you to realise I had a reason to punish you. I don't like hurting you Tris. I really don't. So please don't break the rules", he said softly and hugged me.

I felt so loved. I was crying. He stroked the back of my head gently, several times.

"No matter what happens, at the end of the day I love you. I'm sorry I didn't notice you were hurting after watching her punishment. I'm sorry I didn't help you study. I'll do better. I'll also try to mild down the punishments as much as possible but I can't promise you no punishments. You need it more than you realise it Tris. I'll take care of you after every punishment. I love you", he said.

"Thank you. I love you too", I said and he kissed me.

"I want you to always remember that I love you."

"I will", I blushed.

"Now come on. A new student has joined in my class. He's coming today. A welcome party has been organised", he said.

"Now? How can he join in the middle of nowhere? We are two months past mid sem already", I asked.

"Well he owns the school. Technically, his dad owns it. So, he's got all his grades transferred and he will graduate here."

We went to the boys common area. It was a small gathering.

"Everybody please welcome my dearest friend, David Lincoln!", Ryan announced.

They both were friends? A guy came in. Oh lord, he was so hot. Hot would be an understatement. He was the most handsome guy I'd ever seen maybe. Everyone greeted him and started eating and drinking.

After a while, he came to me and shaked my hand. "Nice to meet you?......", he was expecting my name I guess.

"Tris", I said smiling. He nodded and said, "Nice to meet you Tris."

"Nice to meet you too David"

"Call me Link please", he had the cutest smile.

Thank you for reading.
Please vote, comment and share <3