The Shepard

"Emma? You live with Mary Margaret, right?" David said as he walked up to Emma and Henry, who were at the Nolan's 'Welcome home' party for David

"Do you know if she's coming tonight?" He finished

Emma shook her head and said "No, she couldn't make it, Anna can't walk very well and she has a bad concussion So Mary Margaret's helping her."

Which was true, Dr whale had said that she would have a bit of a limp when it heals and she has spent the last two days throwing up in the toilet, due to the concussion.

So instead of going she decided to stay with Anna, even though she protested, Also so she could stay as far away as possible from David Nolan.

. . . .

"Did you not get the invite?" David asked Mary Margaret as her walked up to her, she was standing in front of her building hanging up a birdhouse or trying to. She looked over and said,

"David."

He hopped over the fence and took the birdhouse from her, hanging it up himself, "So I heard you resigned from the hospital. Was it me?, cause of what I told you? About how I feel about you?"  

Mary Margaret simply looked at him as he continued, "Come on, don't tell me it's one sided."

"You're married it should be no sided," Mary Margaret said.

"What it should be doesn't matter, whoever married Kathryn, it wasn't me, I didn't choose her. I'm choosing you. I know you feel it. I can tell."

Sighing and looking at the floor, Mary Margaret said "I know you think we have this... connection, but maybe... it's because I happened to be the person who saved your life. So why don't we leave it at that." Mary Margaret then walked off and went back to her apartment.

Unknown to them both, Anna was sitting on the window ledge shaking with an exasperated smile.

. . . .

Anna was sitting on the worktop whilst she was throwing darts onto the dart board that they had on the wall, wearing a large baggy jacket. She practically looked like someone had ran her over with a truck what with the foot and the concussion, when Emma said, "You might want to ease up or that brillo pad's gonna press charges."