An apple as red as blood

Mary Margaret walked into Anna's room and was about to wake her up when she heard Anna say quietly, "Run

Mary Margaret walked into Anna's room and was about to wake her up when she heard Anna say quietly, "Run..."

Mary Margaret just shook her head, smiled then shook Anna saying, "Anna, wake up."

Anna opened one eye and looked up at Mary Margaret saying, groggily "What? What time is it?"

"It's seven thirty; have you seen Emma?" Mary Margaret asked

Anna looked up at Mary Margaret wide eyed and said, "Seven thirty are you trying to kill me you insane woman."

"Anna have you seen Emma?" Mary Margaret said ignoring Anna's moan about the time.

"Unless she's in here no I've been here for the past ten hours. why?" Anna sighed

"Because she's gone and so is all her stuff." Mary Margaret said as she walked out of the room.

. . . .

Ten minutes later, Anna stood in the kitchen next to Mary Margaret as she ate her eggs.

Anna didn't even look up as Emma walked through the door.

"Oh, I thought you'd left." Mary Margaret said not looking at Emma

"Mary Margaret, Anna-"

Anna cut Emma off, saying "- but we couldn't tell for sure because you didn't bother to say goodbye."

Though Anna refused to admit that she actually liked Emma and Mary Margaret even though the blonde got on her nerves almost a million times a day.

"Do you remember when I left?" Mary Margaret asked Emma.

Anna still didn't look up as she had a spoonful of eggs in her mouth.

"When I left? When I ran? what you said to me? You said to me 'we have to stick together, we're like family." She said putting the emphasis on the word family.

At the word family Anna shifted in her seat knowing that these people were anything but her family.

Anna finally looked up at Emma with a neutral face which she knew annoyed Emma as she said, "Yeah, I'm sorry I shouldn't have left."