Heart of the matter

"It's not working! Why isn't it working?!" Jafar yelled as he flipped through countless pages of the spell book as the Jabberwocky was lying on the one of the sofas watching him in amusement

"Right now you're worried that you're doing something wrong." The Jabberwocky said

Jafar grunted and walked over to one of the bottles opening the lid and orange smoke came flowing out of it and onto the floor.

"Listen mate would you mind keeping it down I'm trying to take a nap and you two are like-"

Jafar cut Will off saying, "How are you doing it?"

"Well I normally close my eyes and count sheep but that isn't working because you two are so bloody-"

"The spell." Jafar said picking up his staff which was glowing red eyes and walked over to Will, "You're resisting it I want to know how."

"Why don't you let me... talk to him." The Jabberwocky said standing up from the sofa, "Hmm? Isn't that why you have me here? You think there's something wrong with him why don't I take a look around his head."

"What you doing?" Will asked as The Jabberwocky was walking around him

"Listening."

"To what?" He said stepping back from her

"Your deepest darkest fears." She whispered

Will smirked and said, "Well then I'll save you some time, water, hairy spiders, being stabbed in the head and uh... raisins. Grapes are fine but raisins no thank you."

"Enough!" Jafar snapped,

"I don't understand." The Jabberwocky stated

"Understand what?" Jafar asked

"I can't read him." She said as she walked around him, "There's something different about him."

"It's the Red Queen." Jafar guessed, "she must've put some sort of protection spell on him."

"Why... would she do that?" The Jabberwocky asked

"She and this one have history and even if it wasn't her it was his sister... Isabella isn't it?." Jafar said walking to stand next to The Jabberwocky and Will looked down at the Serpent Staff.