Red Handed

Anna was walking home with a bag full of groceries in her arms

She had spent all day at the bar training Cyrus and working then she babysat Henry until Regina got home, then she went grocery shopping on the way home from Henry's house.

The girl was tired and lets just say walking with an armful of groceries and a walking stick was a very hard task.

She walked past Mr Golds pawnshop, when she stopped, turned around and walked in, putting the groceries at the door.

"Gold you here?" She yelled out, " We need to talk."

"How can I help you Ella?" He replied as he walked out of the back room

"I need to talk to someone, and I can't talk to Will as he doesn't remember who he is and I can't talk to Regina because she's Regina and Archie doesn't remember who he is either you are the only one that does."

"Well then, talk away."

"I feel like I'm loosing myself." She said jumping and sitting onto the counter.

"This curse has changed everything about me, the way I act, the way I feel, the way I look my hair isn't the same colour, the way I sound, hell I'm living with my real mother, the woman who gave me away and I have to act like her best friend... when all I want to do is hurt her for leaving me."

"And you want to know if I have your watch so as soon as the curse breaks you can leave?" He said hitting her off the counter with his walking stick.

"How do you always know?"

"Because it's what I would do."

"Yeah I want to know if you have my watch so I can leave with Will the one person who truly knows me, as soon as I can, I just can't stay here because I'm not me here, I want to get to a land with magic so I can heal my bloody foot... I hate pretending to be someone I'm not I always have."

"Then who are you Miss Scarlett?" He said leaning on the counter top.

Anna smiled and said, "I'm Ella Scarlett, I'm from Wonderland, I'm the Knave of Hearts although I hate it, I'm a Portal Jumper, a thief, a murderer... Not Anna Heart, I don't even have my Accent here. Do you know how hard it is to keep up an accent that isn't your own... it's bloody hard Rumple."

"I know but I have a feeling that the curse will break very soon, Miss Scarlett."

"You do?"

"Yes."

. . . .

"You sir need to calm the hell down. You are at a fifteen and I need you at like, a seven." Ella said to a man from one of the villages in Wonderland who was shouting in her face.

"You just invaded my home what do you want me to be like!" The man shouted

"I don't want to do this I physically don't have a choice, so please calm down I really don't want to hurt you."

"Of course you have a choice we all have choices." The man who was now holding a pitchfork said.

"Um- well you see this red cuff on my wrist?" Ella said holding up her arm, "This makes me be controlled by the Queen."

"Then just take your heart out, she can't control someone who doesn't have a heart." He said putting the pitchfork down, Ella thought about that for a second before saying,

"That's a good idea, thank you!" She said running out of the cottage to find Will.

. . . .

"Do you have any family Anna?" Cyrus who was wiping the bar whilst Anna was stacking glasses said.

"Um... not really, I was in the foster system when I was a kid, I had my brother with me, who protected me with everything he had but... we got split up and I don't know where he is now, that was when I lived in a cabin in the woods... What about you?"

Anna moved over to one of the couches and sat down next to Cyrus who had finished cleaning the bar.

"I was in the foster system too, I had a sister. I never got a real home so when I was old enough I stole quite a bit of money from the person who was looking after me and I brought a cabin the the woods here."

"I was living in your cabin?" Anna laughed, "How did I never see you?"

"I wasn't there much, I pickpocketed some guy and got the keys for an empty flat and I live there, you can keep the cabin."

"Thanks, You said you had a sister, what happened?"

Cyrus looked at the floor and said, "Uh... she died of a heart attack."

Anna paused then said, "That's awful I'm so sorry."

"The funny thing is if I could've given her half of my heart I would've." He said leaning back on the couch.

"Somehow I believe that, what was her name?"

"Ella her name was Ella, what was your brothers name?"

"Will and he was my best friend."

. . . .

Anna sat on the couch later that night as she was reading Alice in Wonderland yet again. When Emma walked through the door alone.

Anna's eyebrows scrunched up as she said, "Where's Mary Margaret?"

"Anna..." Emma said as she sat down next to her, "We found a box in the woods," Anna nodded, "It had a human heart in it, we're going to run some more tests trust me but we found some prints on the box..."

"W-Who's were they?" Anna asked quietly.

"I think you know who Anna."

"No, No she wouldn't do that she wouldn't hurt someone."

"They were Mary Margaret's fingerprints, Anna." Emma said as she watched the brunette, stand up and run her hand through her hair before she ran out of the apartment.

"Anna!" Emma yelled after her but she was already gone.

Any suggestions feel free to comment

Vote and comment