Growing Part 13

Ag's POV:

       It had been a day of Anna coming in and out of consciousness when they decided that she was strong enough to try and breathe on her own. I was in the room with her mom watching as she got extubated. She was still sedated to avoid any complications. She took it like a champ and they said she would be awake soon. I hadn't left her side the whole time, just so I would miss hearing her talk.

       A few hours later I was sleeping and started to hear mumbling. "Anna? Are you awake? Bub can you hear me?"

"Hey good looking," her voice was hoarse and nothing more than a whisper.  She opened her eyes and managed a small smile. I burst out laughing with tears in my eyes.

"You just wake up from all of that and the first words out of your mouth are 'Hey good looking'?" I was smiling from ear to ear.

"You're really hot what can I say." I smiled but became serious again.

"I thought I lost you. You know your heart stopped twice?"

"I figured something like that happened I had a lot of weird stuff happen. I'll have to tell you later."

       I nodded and we sat in silence for a minute with just the TV in the background. I stared at her not really knowing if she was falling back asleep or not. "Ag I need to say something to you."

"Anna you don't have to I'm-"

"Would you just shut up? I want to say this okay?" She smiled and I nodded looking like a chastised child.

"I wanted to tell you that you're everything to me. You're the reason I want to live my life to the fullest. My thoughts are filled with ways to make you happy because that's what makes me feel fulfilled. I have been apprehensive in telling people about us and that's hurtful to you. I never should've just said that you were my friend because you are so much more than that. I... I love Anna grace McDaniel. I love you with every last breath in my body. And I don't want you to leave and I don't want you to be my secret."

       I was so happy. I was hearing the girl I love say she loved me back. It was more than I ever needed to hear from her. "I'm sorry for overreacting and making you feel bad. I love you so much Anna."

       I finally kissed her. With this kiss we could let go of all the hurt, the unsaid words. The thoughts of loss and we could feel our triumphs. We shared in our love and communicated how much we mean to each other with just a kiss. We could begin our new life together.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Anna's POV:

       It had been 2 weeks since I woke up and almost 3 weeks since the accident in general. Ag didn't leave the hospital except to shower and get food. I got transferred out of the ICU and was about to be discharged today. My body was still bruised and healing but I no longer needed to be in the hospital. I got wheeled out in a wheelchair to my moms car because my left leg was in a cast all the way up from my ankle, past my knee, to my upper thigh. I asked for a plain white cast instead of a color. My car had been totaled In the accident. To be honest I was scared to get back in a car for the first time, but Ag was going to stay with me in the back seat so I'd be less nervous.

       On the way home Ag kept her hand interlaced with mine and had my broken leg across her lap. We talked and laughed about sweet nothings, just enjoying each other's company. For the most part the only remaining injury I had was my leg and the would be in cast for at least a month longer maybe more. I was still healing from my liver surgery but that was on the up and up. I still had some incisions left over but they were minor.

       My mom and Ag helped me into bed and Ag laid next to me allowing me to snuggle into her chest. "Are you feeling good bub?"

"I'm so much better I'm glad to be home and with you. You know I haven't been able to touch you in like 3 weeks."

"You're touching me right now."

"This isn't how I want to be touching you."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

From the Author:

I had to re-publish it to see if it would fix a commenting issue, we'll see!