Growing Part 28

Ag's POV:

       I called the place I wanted to take Anna and they said they had an opening. She seemed to be up for anything so I was hoping that she'd appreciate my little date I had planned. As I pulled on my grey sweats a thought occurred to me. I am so incredibly happy with life right now, it's so nice to finally feel like you're enough for once. It's a breath of fresh air. That's it, I just feel undoubtably and unwaveringly blissful.

       I stepped out into our living room to see Anna close to the mirror examining her face. I wrapped my long arms around her small frame and her head fit perfectly into the crook of my neck as she leaned into me. She turned in my grasp and I stared down into her brilliant blue eyes. I kissed the tip of her nose ever so lightly and was rewarded with a goofy smile and nose scrunch. This is what I lived for, the small intimate moments between us.

        Anna was dressed in leggings with a crew neck sweater, just how I liked it. While some preferred their girlfriends to be dressed up, I wanted them to feel comfortable in whatever they wanted, and it just so happened I absolutely loved when Anna dressed comfy. She was just so... ughhhh I couldn't even express how much I loved to look at her.

       I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "Are you ready to go?" I cooed.

"Mmhm, I'm excited."

"Good. You should be bub," I said as I intertwined our fingers and pulled her to the door, grabbing my lanyard off the hook.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Anna's POV:

       The perfect specimen next to me was wildly bobbing her head to the song we were playing and looked irresistible as she drove. Once we hit a red light I reached out and took her chin into my hand, bringing her lips to mine. We shared a sweet kiss, then splitting into grins as we heard a honk from behind us. The light had turned green and Ag reluctantly went back to driving.

"Bub?" I ventured.

"Hm?" She moved her head to and fro checking the road then my face.

"When can we bring Zimba down? Anddd..." I trailed off.

"We can bring her down whenever, maybe when we go see my mom. What else were you gonna ask?"

"I want to get a dog."

Ag laughed.

"I'm dead serious, Ag."

"I know you are, but we can't just get a dog. We have to make sure we're ready to commit to a dog. We should just start with Zimba first."

"Ok miss responsible."

"I promise we'll get one soon." She placed her hand on my thigh and looked me intently in the eye. Suddenly, I wasn't thinking of dogs anymore.

       I swallowed hard and she caught on. The smirk that flashed across her godlike features was going to be the death of me. When she showed her confidence, it was just so attractive. We slowed and Ag put her blinker on.

"Okay, I need you to close your eyes."

"Why...?" I was slightly skeptical.

"Because just please?"

       I huffed and cover my eyes with my hands as I felt the car turning. Ag turned the key and the car engine died. I sensed Ag turning toward me with the release of her seatbelt.

"I'm gonna get out and then help you out. Don't look yet please."

       She got to my side and helped guide me out. Her hands had ahold of my wrists and pulled them away from my eyes clearing my vision. I first saw her expectant eyes then I looked through the windshield seeing where we were.

"No you didn't! Ag!" I couldn't stifle my excitement. She smiled widely as I threw my arms around her. She held me tightly to her and I brought my legs around her waist.

"You said you were tired of being a grown up, so I wanted you to feel like a kid again."

"It's perfect... I'm in love with you." I kissed her. We were at a place called SkyHigh. It was basically an indoor trampoline park with lots of other fun things for kids mostly, but this was to decompress. With me under her arm, we briskly walked inside.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ag's POV:

       Anna looked as excited as a five year old and that was precisely my goal. I payed for our time there online and just needed to grab our wristbands. Anna held out her wrist for me to secure the neon pink band while she scanned the many different activities we could try. Her eyes settled on the mechanical bull and I knew I was in for it.

"You don't want to try the arcade maybe, or the trampolines even?"

"We have to get on that bull."

"Are you sure? I'm not trying to be all overprotective but I just don't want you to hurt yourself bub." She took my face into her hands and pulled me to her abruptly. We shared a passionate kiss and I'm sure my face looked stunned when she pulled back.

"There'll be more where that came from if you keep acting cute and if you get on the bull. It's your choice really."

Damn it.

"Fineeee..."

       She pulled me to the bull and showed the man her wristband. I had a growing fear in my chest at the thought of her being injured again, but she was grown and could make her own decisions. The worker explained the rules and began to softly move the bull. Anna looked at me with a huge smile saying, "It's not even that hard!" Famous last words. Just then the bull stated to pick up and Anna's face quickly changed from glee to panic. She was thrown off in such a manner that I couldn't see her face or how she landed. When she didn't immediately jump back up I took matters into my own hands. I pushed past the worker and jumped over the barrier getting to Anna.

"Anna! Are you okay??" She rolled over with a red face barely able to breathe because she was laughing so hard.

"I'm fine, you dumbass!" She laughed harder.

       The man made it to us. I said sorry and that I was gonna try the bull too.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

From the author:

Hello! I've been gone for a while, the longest gap I've had in between posting. I have been going through and dealing with some stuff in my personal life, so I haven't either had the time or to be honest motivation to do much of anything let alone write about a happy couple. I'm trying to get back into posting regularly, but I don't want to make any promises. I hope you enjoy this short and sweet chapter of Growing!