Growing Part 45

Anna's POV:

Ag was driving as we were on our way to my mom and stepdad's house. We left Rue at the apartment with Ag's mom. I was really hoping that neither of them would be there. We played some of our favorite songs as Ag held my hand and moved her thumb back and forth, it was a simple action but yet so familiar and comforting. It's these little things that make me fall for her all over again and she doesn't even realize it. I looked over at her seeing how the sun perfectly enflamed her eyes and light highlights of her newly dyed hair. Her unconscious chewing of her bottom lip, the way her eyebrows creased when she was checking her surroundings and don't even get me started on that McDaniel smile. She was amazing and I'm sure I had the goofiest smile plastered on my face.

"What?" Ag looked over at me and her smile widened.

"Nothing."

I squeezed her hand tight and brought me legs up to my chest and snuggled closer to Ag. I was freezing. Even though it was sunny today, it was still below 40 degrees of course as it always is in December, but this was an unusually clear day that only showed itself rarely. I took great pleasure in these few and far between patches of sun. Today I was feeling good despite the not so positive morning. I just didn't understand it sometimes, but you know the internet can be a harsh place. I try to not let it get to me but it's so hard sometimes, Ag makes it better though. We sat and talked about meaningless things, before long we were pulling into the driveway. I took a deep breath and Ag noticed as she squeezed my thigh.

"Bub, it's going to be okay. I know you're nervous, but I'll be right there with you." I nodded in response.

We got out and I held onto her hand for dear life, as if it was the only thing keeping me tethered to this earth. I don't know why I was so anxious about this, but I guess anxiety doesn't need a reason to strike. It comes on frantically forcing you to chew the inside of your cheek, or fumble with your rings. Your heartbeat to increase to an unreasonable pace and your lungs to strain against the stress. I have dealt with it for so long that my telltale signs of being anxious were hard to notice unless of course you were Ag.

       She always knew and she always helped. She let go of my hand and my mind went through a temporary panic before her arm wrapped around me and pulled me tightly to her. I wrapped my arms around her torso as we walked to the front door. My shaky hands fumbled with my keys and the strikingly frigid air didn't help as the cold metal pierced my skin. Ag gently took the keys from me and unlocked the door. We walked in.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ag's POV:

My heart wrenched for my sweet girl. She didn't deserve to have to deal with any of this, and all I could do was try to comfort her. I couldn't change the situation... or maybe I could. Something to think about and weigh if it's a good idea. For now, let's get Anna's things out of here so we could have a good day. It shouldn't be too hard considering we didn't have to move furniture, just clothes basically. We took out her duffel bags from the closet and being filling them with clothes from her dresser. I was in her closet pulling hoodies out as I stumbled across a familiar looking hoodie. I quirked my head to the side and furrowed my brow.

"You still have this?"

Anna looked up from where she was sitting on the floor and said "Oh that. Um yeah... I took it with me when I left. When you were gone I would sometimes wear it. I knew it probably wasn't healthy, but it smelled like you until it didn't. I just couldn't let go of it though."

"I'm sorry."

I was sincere and I meant those words. I would probably be saying them to her for the rest of my life.

Growingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें