Growing Part 48

Anna's POV:

       Today was Christmas, but not just any Christmas. It was Ag and I's first one together and Rue's too. I was so excited, it's like I was a little kid again. I guess I wanted to be the big spoon last night because I woke up to Ag's back facing me and my arms around her. I kissed the base of her neck just where it meets her back. I moved inwards and kissed her jaw. She sighed and I could feel her smile under my lips. She rolled over and slowly opened her eyes.

"Hi Boonie."

"Hi." We smiled and kissed again.

"Are you ready for presents?"

"I hope you didn't go overboard Miss McDaniel with what you did for my birthday."

"I actually didn't. We agreed on our gifts and I stuck to it. I want to save up for New Years that's when you're getting spoiled."

       I shook my head and rolled my eyes but my smile deepened. "I'm excited for Rue we definitely, maybe got her too much."

"She's our well-behaved, incredibly smart daughter. I think she got just enough."

       Ag was going to be the pushover when it came to our kids. Woah there. Did I just think of having kids... and was I not even phased by it? Am I still not thinking twice about it? It's absolutely insane to me that I have come so far in just the less than a year of knowing Ag. I used to be so terrified of committing to someone or afraid of falling in love and getting my heart broken. I didn't EVER think I could be at a point where I thought of a future with someone that extended beyond just being close friends. I wasn't scared to be with Ag or grow our little family, in fact I was excited to be with her for the rest of our lives. I wanted her and I couldn't wait to start on our future.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Ag furrowed her brow and cupped my face. Her own face showing concern. I realized there were tears in my eyes.

"No, nothing's wrong. I'm just so happy. These are happy tears, bub. God I love you."

       She gazed at my face the concern dissolving giving way to a familiar warmth "I love you, too."

       We shared one more kiss before finally making our way to the living room. We let Rue out to her little fenced area with grass so she could go to the bathroom. Ag pulled our mugs from the dishwasher and began to brew our coffee. As she was leaning against the counter facing the window outside, I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her. I leaned my face against her back and breathed in her smell. I was really living a life someone spent years fantasizing about.

"Oh shit! Bub, please move."

"What? What happened?"

       I let go of her and stepped back. Ag went running for the back door and I quickly followed. Ag ran to the back corner and started taking to Rue.

"Hey! Let it go! Rue, drop it now!"

        Just then I saw a flurry of feathers and a little bird try to fly away it only made it to a low hanging tree. Ag was picking feathers out of Rue's mouth and holding her collar so she wouldn't try going after the bird again.

"Holy shit! How did she even get that?"

"It was crazy, it flew down close to her and then she just jumped up and caught it in her mouth. She was watching it the whole time she's been out here." Ag looked at me with bright eyes.

"Well, I guess it's good that we got her new toys."

       We went inside with Rue and began opening her presents with her. She got lots of toys, a new bigger collar, and a new big bed. Ag got up and went to the storage closet we never used and pulled out a basket filled with tons of small things.