Growing Part 18

Ag's POV:

YES YES YES!! I petitioned the court yesterday and it went really well. I spoke with the judge and he said that I all needed to do was wait for the paperwork to come back and I would be able to live on my own. In two days it would be Saturday, so I convinced my mom to let me go to MSU to surprise Anna with the news. I was driving there because I couldn't find any last minute flights. It would be around a five and half to six hour drive. My plan was to head out there at about two in the afternoon on Saturday because I had a meeting with my management team letting them know I'll be moving in the next few weeks or so.

Anna had told me that she was going to a party with her roommate, Taylor. I hadn't officially met her but I sort of talked to her on FaceTime. She seemed nice enough and her and Anna got along well. I got a little bit of a weird vibe from her but that could just be my trust issues causing problems. I was happy for my girlfriend it was all coming together, the last piece of the puzzle was us living together.

Maybe we could bring Zimba out with us. He's an adaptable cat, he could totally live in an apartment with us. Oh shit! I had lifted my phone to see that I was running late to school. I decided to call Anna while I was driving, don't worry I have a bluetooth capable car. I knew she was awake because her first class of the day was in about 45 minutes and she liked to be prepared.

"Hi babe," she said.

"Hi bub, I just wanted to hear your voice," I said "I hope I didn't wake you up."

"You know you didn't, you planned it." She said giggling.

"Yeahhhh I did," I said "But I'm not ashamed to want to talk to my girlfriend all the time, she's pretty cool you know?"

"Oh is she? I think I have a much better girlfriend. She's tall, hot, has great hands and.... I love her."

"You're goofy." I said. She laughed.

"Okay bubs I need to shower, I'll talk to you at lunch right?"

"Yeah, I miss you."

"I miss you more."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Anna's POV:

Talking to Ag was the highlight of my day. We talked every chance we got but our really long FaceTimes were always at night when we both had time. Today I woke up late because it had been a long week of classes. Taylor was still out so I decided to pick my outfit for tonight's party. I looked through my dresses and my eyes lit up on a dress that Ag really liked on me. It was an all black strapless dress that clung to my body "in all the right ways" as Ag said. I wish she could just move already. Dorm room life was fun and all but it wasn't the same. I was fixing my minimal makeup when Taylor walked in.

She stopped dead in her tracks and said "Damn. You look beautiful, girl!"

"Thanks! It's not too much for the party right?"

"Absolutely not. You look amazing, I mean look at that body!"

I didn't know how to respond other than mumbling thanks. Something about the way she was complimenting me made we want to go on the defensive and remind her about Ag, but I didn't want to come off as self-absorbed just in case she was just being nice. By the time Taylor finally finished getting ready it was around 8. "You ready to pop your college party cherry?"

"I guess so," I laughed. We headed to the sorority house that was only two blocks away from campus.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ag's POV:

Ughhhh. That meeting took longer than expected and I got stuck in traffic. I wouldn't be getting there for another hour and it was already 9. Julia, Anna's friend that was going to MSU too, sent me the address to the party. It was a house near the school, so it was obviously a frat or sorority house. Not that I didn't trust Anna, I didn't trust the frat guys, I wanted to get there to make sure she wasn't going to get too drunk. I mean she just got her cast off and her liver had gotten really damaged during the accident. I just worried about her all the time. I knew she wouldn't do anything to hurt me, so I was trying to ebb the growing ball of anxiety rising in my chest. I pressed the gas pedal again, only moving forward a car length before moving my foot the brake. This was going to be the death of me.

My phone went off and I recognized it was a message from Julia.

Julia: "Hey Ag, when do you think you're going to get here?"

Glancing to the road and back at my phone I answered: "It says in 45 mins everything good?"

Julia: "yeah but you should probably try to get here as soon as you can, Anna has sent me a few drunk texts and she's not responding. I got stuck at a study group so I'm not there."

This made my heart rate pick up slightly. It's okay she's fine, it's probably just Anna having fun and loosening up. I'll be there soon. I texted back: "I'll be there soon."

I saw the exit I needed to take and got my way over flooring it down the off ramp.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

From the Author:

Damn I've been trying to post this for 2 hours🙃🙃

(Had to republish because Wattpad is broken)