49. His Warmth

( Kira's POV)

After everything I decided to just walk around the mansion.

The calm wind blowing against my hair and it's peace within claiming me.

The stars all so Bright and the moon with it's great light.

Everyone was sleeping, this gave me an idea.

I went to the horse stable near the field of flowers and grass.

My eyes lit up and a tear lingered as I smiled.

"Mystic!" I whispered.

The white horse rose it's head and I could tell it was joyful with it's one neigh.

It galloped to me making me collapse onto the floor with joyful laughter while licking my cheek. He smiled at me.

"I missed you!" I said feeling his hair as it neighed again.

I could remember the old days, when I rode him on the fields, with the wind blowing against our hairs.

The last time I saw him was when our village was taken over by rogues.

I thought I'd never see him again.

I got on my feet petting his snout and also his hair.

"Wanna run boy?" I asked as he nodded.

I then got on top of him and I set him.

"Ready? Set? Go!" I said as he started running with me on his back, I held onto his hair. He really grew a lot, he's faster now.

I laughed enjoying the fastness. Then we slowed down. I summersaulted onto the ground and smiled at mystic.

I decided to lay on the ground while he sat behind me using himself as my pillow.

"I thought you were gone..." I say with tears in the corners of my eyes.

I could recall that day I lost everything. The day my parents died, the day we left our village/ town. The day the horse stable caught fire and neighs were heard. This rang like a siren in my head. I was completely dramatized.

But now to see him fit, ok, not an injury at sight. It was really amazing.

He brought his head close to my cheek. His eyes slowly shutting while mine followed. Some time later I could feel strong arms grip on to me.

Hands willingly raising my hand over their head to rest against the back of their neck.

I was too sleepy and tired to capture the image.

"J-jayden?" I say. The blurry figure laughed.

"You wish" he said.

"Mason?" I asked.

"There you go" he says prolonging the last word.

Suddenly a smile grew onto my lips.

"Y-you're so warm" I say snuggling deep on to his chest finding easy comfort.