52. Oh- to become the moon

(Jayden's POV)

Mason looked really intense. His hair even went darker than usual.

His hair would go darker whenever he is mad.

Luckily I caught up to him at a matter of time.

"Mason!" I called making him to stop in his tracks.

"You-"

"Look I know what you're here to do, scold me on how I almost killed your sister and all that but maybe right now isn't the time" he said.

"No" I disagreed.

My best friend looked at me confused.

Sure he thought I'd be here to argue, but that's not why I actually came.

I moved up closer to him smiling.

"What I really came here for was to ask, what's bothering you, is everything okay with you these days?" I asked.

Mason still looked at me confused and this made me chuckle.

"Well, are you going to answer the question or not?" I asked.

He scoffed.

"Nothing is bothering me, nothing that you'd fix anyways" he said.

Ouch, offended, hurt by my own best friends words.

"Can I at least know the reason for all that?" I asked folding my arms.

He scoffed once more.

"She threw me across the field" he said.

I smirked.

"So you'd want to kill someone just cuz they threw you across a field, I've seen Diana do worse and yet you stand here to tell me the reason why you were about to kill my sister was because she threw you across the field? That's something a toddler wouldn't even believe" I said rolling my eyes.

He grunted at me.

"Just tell me the honest truth Mason, why did you do that?" I asked in a serious note.

Mason glared at me with still eyes before a sigh escaped his lips.

"Actually, that's one of the reasons I did that to her, the others were I wanted to see her fight me naturally and also she's stubborn" he mentioned folding his arms as he looked away.

I laughed a bit.

"Mason you can't force her to do things she doesn't want to, trust me, I've lived with her for as long as I know, she is indeed stubborn but that's something you need to monitor. I promise you you'll get the hang of it. Patience my good man" I say patting his back while he hums in agreement.

He then sighs again.

"I crushed her wrists"  he says with a hateful grin on his lips.

"Mhm" I agreed.

Suddenly I noticed his hand. There was a soaked bandage rapped along his palm.

"What's that?" I asked calling in the attention of the bloody bandage.

"Ah- that? It's just an injury" he says with a dry chuckle in hand.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop hurting yourself" I grunted.

"And how many times did I say I can't promise" he said smirking.

I sigh in defeat.

We took a moment to stare at the clouds that passed by. Time passing away till it was evening.