17| Trying hard to trust.

(So basically I wrote this episode listening to "Smile", "over and over just because. Don't you just love that song? Don't you just love them all really? This chapter is dedicated to Dreaming4ever2001 for that amazing comment that just so amazing! You made smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile!)

"So you just keep saying no to him?" asks Derek as he changes channels searching for something better to watch.

Yesterday had been a really fun evening, the concert and then hanging out with the Lynches which were all crazy and fun. But now I was with other fun people. The jocks, as usual invited me and Kate over to spend the evening in Travis place, as we used to do on Saturdays. And of course as usual Travis and Kate disappeared. "Yeah." I respond.

"I know you want to get to know him better, but he's not gonna try forever. He'll get tired one day, you know that....." affirms Nick.

"No, he......I just....., ughrrr you're right...." I affirm.

"You don't believe he can love someone, do you?" questions Derek like he just bumped into the truth suddenly. I look down and sigh. "You really do.....Laura what did we say about taking risks?" he asks me like he was my mother.

"I know, but he played with me carelessly before. I believe he can change that I just don't believe that he can change that fast." I admit fidgeting with my fingers.

"Alright, I understand your point, but what if he really likes you? He is not gonna try forever, but a guy just simply accepting the fact you have rejected him three times and still be next to you....Just promise us you'll say yes next time he asks." says Tyler and I promise him. Dylan had walked in the room without me noticing for some time now and his face was like something inside was hurting him.

"Dylan..." I sigh. He moves his hand up in attempt to wave with a small movement. I smile with pity for him. He has been so down ever since that happened. I just wished that was some way to mend it, to make him smile again one moment. Tyler, which is his best friend out of all told me he likes me since ever and I cannot believe I never noticed.

He gets out of the room and I get up to follow but Tyler gets hold of my hand. "Don't follow if your not gonna make any good." he speaks.

"If I don't follow I will be." I reply truthfully looking at his eyes that I've always admired. Tyler was a good friend, a good person, a good everything. I was very grateful for him. He let's go of my hand smoothly letting me go reach Dylan, who was sitting against the wall in the balcony of Tyler's house as I could see from the living room.

I open the door and sit next to Dylan. I see from the corner of my eye his head turn to me then back to the horizon. The wall was warm from the sun that's been hitting in it all day, it felt amazing. But now the sun was already setting, almost all of it was already covered. I laid my head in his shoulder breathing slowly, calm and peace rested in my veins. "I'm sorry." I whisper feelings my voice husky.

"No, no you're not, cuz it's not your fault, alright?" he claims cleaning the blame out of me.

"Yes, it is....I should be more alert to the people who surround me, and I'm not, I'm so selfish sometimes." I admit palm facing myself.

I feel Dylan's rushed hands touch my cheeks as I turn my face to look back at his. "No, no, don't say that. That is not true, Laura." As he quickly takes notice he takes his hands off of me and lays back in his first position.

"It is, I have a lot of flaws. But you, Dylan? You are the one every girl wants at schools. Girls fall head over heals for you and from the way you act I think you don't even notice, do you?" I smile.

"I know you just trying to cheer me up but..." he speaks but I cut him off.

"Cheer you up? Why would I want to do that? What I'm saying is not to cheer you up, what I'm saying is the 100% absolute truth." I try to stay serious but end up smiling at the end. "I'm serious. You will find a girl, a girl that is just perfect for you. A beautiful, lucky and stunning girl and you'll take her off her feet. Alright?" I smile seeing his smile also creeping in.