20| You take me out of control.

"So, how was it? Did you lost your virginity?" asks Kate teasingly moving around with my bag of clothing, since I would be spending the night at her place, while we walked to her room.

"Oh, shut up Kate." I spat but then smile, walking in the door of the messy room.

"So, as you can see there is not much space in here," she explains kicks some of the cloth in the ground. "so, sleeping bags." she says as she opens the door of the closet taking to bags out and throwing one at me. "We'll sleep in the living room." she says, then taking a glance at the bed and as if something hit her, she runs to it and covers the bed with the sheets fully.

"What is under there?" I tease smiling. She makes her priceless face of I-don't-know-what you-talking-about, and my smile grows wider. "C'mon, what you hiding there." I say already trying to open the sheets as she pushes me away. She finally gives up and I open it seeing what she was hiding. There was a pillow with wet spots like a pair of eyes were shoved there repeatedly, tons of used napkins and the TV remote. "You've been crying? What happened?" she looks at me and her eyes start to water.

"Ugh. You know I hate crying Laura!" she shouts as tears slip but she keeps laughing trying to stay strong but her mind won't let her.

"Kate, aha." and I immediately knew what was happening, I rushed to her side and hugged her to feel her embrace my arms and cry on my shoulder. "C'mon let's go down stairs." I say taking the sleeping bags.

-

"Here you go!" I say handing handing her a cup of hot chocolate and sitting next to her, drinking my own. Her eyes were still puffy as she cuddled the blanket of her couch, taking small spits of the hot beverage.

"I'm sorry Laurs. I didn't want to cry in front of you."

"Ow, ow, ow. You have the right to cry when you're sad alright. I know you take yourself for that tough strong person, but with me there is no playin'." I kid so see her blurt a small smile. If something defined Kate was her hate for crying. Specially if it was in front of people.

"I just can't believe his actions you know." she complains.

"You don't need to talk about it if you want." I try and reassure her.

"No, I want to." she affirms.

"What happened?" I ask worried about this girl that just seems to not get it right lately.

"So, I went to his place, and told him that I was not scared anymore to hide my feeling for him and say that I was in love with him, and he said it back, also said that if we started to date everything was gonna get loose. We would loose interest in each other and later ruin the friendship we have. I mean......he is not even willing to give it a try, you know?" she tells me as her eyes let a few tears slip.

"Travis was always a coward." I mumble frustrated.

"What do I do Laura?"

"Oh, you don't want my advice."

"I actually really do." she points out.

"Well, find a new guy to date. Tell Travis about him, keep being the friend you are. You just can't keep waiting for a boy that is stupid enough to reject you!" I propose.

"You probably are right." she affirms.

"Probably not but you know...." I shrug and finally she creeps a smirk.

"You have to tell me all about that date." says Kate and I tell her every little detail, from how I suck at surfing to how he is the sweetest guy on Earth and beyond.

"You really payed for him?" she asks surprised.

"Of course." I confirm.

"Owww, you two guys are so cute." she says as she holds the remote and turns on the TV on one of those chitty chat channels about celebs personal lives that she uses to watch.