24: ☆ headaches and the second task ☆

It was the night before the second task, and I was strolling around the castle with Ruby trying to clear my mind. Harry was with Hermione and Ron in the library trying to find a book on holding your breath for an hour. Hermione had been furious the other day when Harry had admitted to her he lied about figuring out the solution to the egg weeks ago.

I had left needing a bit of fresh air since I had a weird headache that was bothering me since I woke up that morning. I ended up finding my sister in the courtyard so we walked around. I held our cat Snow in my arms cuddling his soft fur in my chest in an attempt to keep me warm. She was telling me all about how her friend Thomas and she got caught trying to find the kitchens after curfew. My eyes widened in surprise at my daredevil sister, but I didn't lecture her seeing as that's something I would also do.

"Your lucky dad wasn't the one to find you," I pointed out.

"Oh I know! He would've made me move into his bedroom for sneaking out with a boy," she shook her head in fear.

The ice was beginning to melt around the castle as spring approached. I was excited to finally see some sunshine again since the gloomy clouds always brought down my mood. My toes began to freeze as the cold snow seeped into my boots and I wiggled them.

"I can tell you're nervous," Ruby pointed out as we sat at one of the benches, "What's bothering you?"

"Truthfully I've had a nasty headache since I woke up and it feels like it's pinching my brain," I admitted, "I also don't like how anxious the tournament makes me. I feel completely useless since I'm not able to help Harry."

"Well you probably have one because of how stressed out you are, and don't be stupid. If you were that useless do you think Harry would be walking towards us right now?" she asked as I looked up.

"Harry?" I said in confusion as he made his way over to us, "what are you doing here, did you find something for the water?"

"Hello Ruby. And no I wasn't going to find anything in their alone anyways," he muttered.

"Alone? I thought Hermione and Ron were with you," I said shocked.

"Nope. Apparently Professor McGonagall needed to see them, but they never came back."

"That's ridiculous, let's go look right now then," I stood up as Snow dropped from my grasp and lap. He landed on the pile of white ice and began running in different directions trying to get away from the cold. All of a sudden, the headache that had been bothering me all morning sent a wave of nausea through my body.

"Are you okay?" Ruby asked me concerned as I leaned over in pain. My senses started to disappear as I felt like someone had imperioused me.

Grab him, a voice echoed in the back of my head. I jumped in fright at the sound of it not knowing who spoke or why. The voice was soft spoken and almost sounded like a distant whisper in the wind. Why did the voice want me to grab Harry what sense did that make? I thought all these things to myself as it felt like I had been pushed to a distance side of my body, someone else taking over.

I stood back up like nothing was bothering me and felt my empty gaze meet my sisters. Our cat Snow was still running in circles not knowing how to get away from the cold. I walked in a straight line towards Harry and pushed past him towards Snow. I felt like I was a stranger in my own body as I questioned what was happening. I then picked up Snow from where he was standing at the exact moment a couple icicles fell from the side of the castle. When I had grabbed Snow, I felt myself float back into my body and regain my senses. Exactly where the cat had been, was a long pointy icicle that would've plummeted through his body.