28: ☆ training ☆

"Okay I have to make my way down to Professor McGonagall's," I sighed and stood up from the couch to leave for my first day of training with her. It was the next day, Sunday evening, and I was sitting in the common room with everyone trying to finish as much homework as I could.

"Wait don't I get a little something goodbye," Fred pouted and tilted his chin up.

"Oh, so we're doing that now?" I laughed. He just continued to point his chin up at me waiting for a kiss.

I rolled my eyes but leaned down anyways and placed my lips on his.

"Ew knock it off!" Ginny shouted at us, which only encouraged Fred even more. He took my hips and pulled me down underneath him on the couch. Everyone was yelling at us to stop being so gross, while I kept my lips locked with Fred only breaking it to laugh.

"Okay okay," I stood up again, "goodbye," I emphasized and he responded with a wink. Harry's meetings with Professor Snape were at the same time as mine, so he came along with me, exiting the painting.

"How are your lessons going," I questioned, "I'm quite nervous to have my first one."

"Well we're learning different things, but so far it's been terrible," he admitted, "at least you have McGonagall though."

"Yeah you're right," I nodded, "what is it you're being taught again?"

"Occlumency: protecting one's brain from outside sources that try penetrating it," he recited in a bored tone like he had heard the definition multiple times.

"Kind of ironic we're learning the opposite things huh? You need to block your mind while I need to enter someone's," I chuckled.

"Yeah it is. I don't know," he shook his head, "I just don't like Snape being the one to invade my mind, it's private."

"What are you scared he's going to see something personal like the kiss between you and Cho," I poked him.

"Oh well I don't think that's going to work out anymore," he shrugged.

"What why!" I turned to him, "I thought you went out to Hogsmead just yesterday for Valentine's Day?"

"We did," he stuck his hands in his pockets, "but all she did was want to talk about Cedric."

"Ohhhh," I said slowly.

"Yeah," he drawled out, "I had no idea what to do."

"Well i'm sorry that's really awkward," I said pitifully.

"And all she does is cry," he continued, "I do feel bad for her, I do. But she doesn't make talking to her easy and we've all been through a great deal of stuff you know. At this rate I just can't have another responsibility like that on my shoulder."

"Well that's very mature of you to say Harry," I applauded him, "seriously I know how long you've been waiting for a chance with her but it's good you're aware of what you can and can't handle. You need a strong woman who can carry herself on her own."

"Yeah know anyone like that?" he chuckled.

"Actually I do. I mean both Hermione and Ginny are the strongest women I've ever met. Maybe you need to give one of them a shot and you'll have better luck," I laughed along with him. We were now standing outside of McGonagall's door. With a last wave goodbye, I parted from Harry and entered her office.

"Ah Miss Pine, right on time," she greeted me. I saw that her office had two chairs placed directly across from each other, "sit please."

I sat in one of the black chairs and started looking at my shoes not knowing what to do exactly. She kept adjusting the room and putting away certain things, until she was finally finished and sat in the seat across from me.