14: ☆ detention ☆

When we got back to the Gryffindor common room after tryouts, Harry was in there sitting on the couch.

"OH Harrehhh," I sang and jumped beside him. Ginny laughed at me and excused herself to go take a shower.

"How were tryouts?" He looked up from his work.

"Good! We got a really nice crowd of people," I told him, "in fact I think you'll really like the third year we're going to pick."

"So no seekers to replace me," he lightly joked.

"Honestly they both sucked. I know we'll have to pick one as your backup anyways but let's hope we won't have to use them," I sighed.

"How was your detention?" Hermione questioned.

"Oh it was fine I just did lines," he said simply.

"Then what's wrong with your hand?" I looked at where Hermione was looking, and I saw his right hand look completely normal.

"Nothing is. See," he pushed it closer to her.

"No, the other one!" She insisted and grabbed his left hand. I gasped to see a faint outline of writing deeply scarred onto the back of it. The skin was clearly red and raw which proved it happened hours prior, "Harry you have to report this to Dumbledore."

"No," he said hurriedly and elongated his sleeve to cover it, "Dumbledore has more important things to worry about than me."

"At least write to Sirius," he started to protest, "No Harry. If you don't tell him about your detention at least tell him about the dreams you've been having. Maybe he can help." I saw sigh in agreeance and promised to write one before he went to sleep. With that, we all stood up to head to bed, exhausted from the long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The faint outline of two objects floated in the air. The picture was fuzzy and I couldn't make out where I was. After squinting I could see an iridescent glow of blue form a pair of numbers

I woke up in a fright, sitting up immediately. The dream I had awoken from was weird, and about a number? Just a number. Nothing scary happened in the dream, but I knew that something scary would happen some day in the place I was standing. I could only remember staring at a bright number 97, while it glowed in front of me...

I shook my head and tried to forget about the dream; it meant nothing anyways. It was finally Saturday, the first weekend since school started. Although we had only been here for a week, I felt extremely drained and felt like months had gone by. My dad had already bought my broom we were supposed to buy today, but he still wanted to take Ruby and I to Hogsmead.

I woke up quite late and started to stretch.

"Ugh my arms are sore," I whined out loud to myself.

"Yeah probably from your three-hour tryout yesterday," Anastasia walked into my dorm room and teased me.

"Anastasia!" I jumped out of bed and ran to her, "I was so sad to find out we weren't in the same dorm this year! I've hardly even seen you," I pouted.

"I know I'm sorry," she apologized, "I had a rough summer with my family. We stayed at the Malfoy Manor for a good amount of time and they came to the conclusion I needed my own space to live in."

"Hey. Become head girl and you can have that," I teased.

"Honestly they want that to happen," she laughed nervously, "also I'm...I'm terrified they're going to try to set Draco and I up."

"What," I gasped, "do you two even know each other?

"Well yeah after this summer we spent loads of time together. I just never thought I would be arranged with someone for my future, I thought it'd happen naturally," she looked down sadly.