30: ☆ secrets out ☆

"I can barely swing my wand," I whined trying to use my non dominant hand for the spell.

"Try harder," Ruby teased, and easily disarmed me again. It's been a couple days since I went to the hospital wing after the last Quidditch match. Ginny managed to catch the snitch, but our team was so behind on points we still lost. Madam Pomfrey had repaired the bones in my right arm but she still insisted I wear this sling so that it can heal properly.

"Expelliarmus," I swished with my left hand that seemed to have a mind of it's own. The wand in Ruby's hands jumped up, but didn't fly out of her grasp, "Ugh," I groaned out and chucked my wand to the floor. I had no idea how wizards managed to use their opposite hand when they were injured.

"Only two more days of the sling and then it's off," Ruby reassured.

"Yeah and then I'll be able to kick your ass like usual," I stuck my tongue out. We kept dueling each other with simple spells for a couple more rounds before she came to stand next to me.

"Thomas invited me over to his for part of the summer again," she said slowly.

"Really," I raised my eyebrows, "and are you two dating yet or—"

"NO!" she interrupted, slamming her hand over my mouth. I laughed into the hand she had on my face and pulled it off me.

"I was just messing. Besides it's not like dad would approve your trip anyway," I rolled my eyes.

"Actually," she stammered, "he said he would think it over."

"What!" I exclaimed, "how come?"

"I don't know I didn't want to ask him why he was thinking it over in case he said no," she laughed. I sat there just shocked that dad would give her that much freedom.

Fred came over to me at the same time and threw his arm over my shoulder, leaning down to kiss my head.

"Ew gross I'm walking away," Ruby mumbled and walked over to her group of friends.

We both laughed as she dramatically left, "I've missed you these last few days," he pouted.

"What," I giggled, "I've seen you every day."

"Yeahhh," he complained and drawled his word out, "but we haven't had any alone time."

"We can hang out after the meeting," I smiled up at him.

"It's a date then," he winked, "I just wanted to spend more time with you before I leave—"

"Already?" I frowned, "what when are you guys planning on going?"

"Well we actually thought—" he never finished his sentence because a loud echo noise filled the room. I watched each group of dueling partners lower their wands and stare at the source of the noise.

Harry walked forward towards it and took a step back when the rumbling happened a second time, but even stronger. A snap went through the air and in appeared a house elf right by Harry.

"Mr. Harry Potter sir...Dobby has come to warn him..." he squeaked out.

"Warn me what Dobby?" he said hurriedly. The house elf was pacing back and forth, his eyes wide with fear.

"Dobby what!" Hermione pushed as another boom shook the room.

"she...she..." he spit out slowly.

"She? Umbridge? Does she know about the DA?" The elf shook his head up and down rapidly. I turned to Fred with wide eyes and we ran over to the group with our wands up.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?" Harry shouted, "RUN!"

Everyone began to grab their friends hands and escape out the side door. People were scrambling and pushing each other, trying to get out before someone else came in.