25: ☆ come to see the show ☆

I stared back at the reflection looking back at me in the mirror. The face couldn't be any more opposite of mine, and I smiled humorlessly thinking how after swearing to never go blonde after the wedding, here I was impersonating another with Polyjuice.

The curls went down my face, framing the high cheekbones the girl had and her sparkling green eyes. In my bag I had stored an outfit for the club, one that I planned on using it's power to seduce Skender and get him to spill whatever information we needed from him. But until then, I tugged my low v neck up a little higher and walked out of the bathroom.

It was hard at first to see which guy was Fred, all the men blending in with the mass of people in the lobby. We hadn't told the other one who we were supposed to look like which made it a challenge to scope everyone. However, my eyes laid on one particular male sitting upon the guest couch, his wand sticking slightly out of his boot.

"Fred I can see your wand you idiot," I said hushed to him once I approached the seat, and saw his face heat up as he pulled his jeans over it.

"Sorry I keep forgetting wands aren't normal in this town—"

"City," I corrected with a smile, "New York City is what it's called, and don't worry people are quite...unique here so neither of us should stand out too much."

He stood up and grabbed my hand with a smile, "okay bossy then let's go. Lead the way blondie," he winked.

I rolled my eyes at his comment but walked forward with him nonetheless, both of us trying to squeeze out of the lobby.

As soon as we left the front doors, the sight in front of me was overwhelming. Unlike the light laughter and dazzling lights of the early morning when we arrived, the streets were packed with people. We had only taken a couple steps from the hotel and already felt the harsh shoves of Muggles trying to get around us.

Fred was the first to start moving forward, and he tugged me with him, helping the pair of us maneuver through people. I was overwhelmed by the amount of noises circling around me; people yelling, music playing, cars honking. The atmosphere here was a force to be reckoned with and I curled into Fred's side when an elderly man with missing teeth grinned at me from the corner.

"Do you know how far this club is supposed to be?" Fred asked me as we managed to cross the street and free ourselves from the mass of people.

"Uhm," I stammered and pulled the map from my pocket I had grabbed this morning, "on here it says the Oak is on 17th street so a couple more blocks," I answered when I saw that we were on 13th street. We both managed to steer ourselves around everyone, as well as find the pathway that led us directly the Oak club.

After some time, we approached a building with the title of the club right out front and I felt my heart start beating a little faster. We were finally outside of the place where all my questions would be answered, after years of carrying that burden of the notepad we would find everything out tonight.

"Hey, love I know that face," he placed his arm over my shoulder and pulled me into him. It was weird to look at him and see a black-haired stranger staring back, but his scent is what reeled me into reality, and reminded me that with him I was safe.

"I know I just can't help it. I mean I've been waiting to figure this out since 5th year at school," I frowned and kept my stare on the building in front of me. Looking so normal from the outside but knowing everything would change once we went inside.

"And you did," he cupped my cheek and said sweetly, "now let's go see what this means so we can end that son of a bitch." I smirked in response at his vulgarity and the two of us walked through the doors, hand in hand.