30: ☆ the mission ☆

I heard voices before I was able to gain control back over my body. I tried to open my eyes but the bright light in front of me made it too difficult to do so. I went to try to pull my hands to rub my face but they were being held by two different people.

"Why isn't she awake yet Dad," a quiet voice said beside me that I recognized as Ruby. I wanted so badly to yell out that I was awake but my body seemed to not be ready.

"Be patient dear. She's gonna be okay," my dad comforted her.

"But Harry said-"

"Harry said she fainted but her breathing is steady, and all her vitals remain normal." I kept trying to wiggle my fingers and try to achieve some sort of movement.

"Where will Barty be taken?" I could hear my dad's voice ask someone.

"He's being taken to Azkaban as we speak. He will await there for a criminal trial of attempted murder and impersonation of an auror," a voice I believed to be Dumbledore's said

"All right Albus, I whipped it up right here just like you asked. Although I wish you would just let the poor girl sleep I have the awakening potion here," a woman I guessed to be Madam Pomfrey said. In the next few seconds I felt a cold liquid touch my lips and run down my throat. At the taste of this liquid I could feel the rest of my body begin to regain movement and I could finally crack my eyes open.

As I blinked away the light I was met with the faces of several people. Fred was to my right holding my hand and staring back at me with red eyes. Ruby was on the other side just looking like she hadn't slept in days. My dad had a hand rested on the bed at the end of it straight ahead of me.

"She's awake!" Fred exclaimed as everyone's heads snapped my way. I got overwhelmed with all the voices directed towards me at once and couldn't understand anyone.

"Let's give her some space, she's been through a lot tonight," Professor Dumbledore ordered coming to sit at the side of my bed. Behind him was Professor McGonagall as well as Professor Snape, "Mr Weasley if I may have a word," he asked but I gripped my hand on Fred's tighter.

"No I want him to stay," I protested wanting to be near him. I felt incredibly scared as the events of the tonight came back to me and I knew that even Fred's presence could comfort me.

"Very well then," he agreed, "I'm sure you have many questions about what happened tonight but I will only answer what I can," he began.

"Is Harry okay?" was the first thing I asked as I saw the raven haired boy two beds down from me, "He's not hurt right?" There was a random dog laying on the bed in between his legs, as Harry slept peacefully.

"Yes he will be fine. I already spoke to him about what happened tonight and I think it's best we let him rest now," Dumbledore explained.

"Well what happened then? To Cedric and Harry in the maze."

Dumbledore stood up and moved himself to the edge of my bed, "They both were taken to a graveyard by the cup which was bewitched to become a portkey. Tonight Voldemort returned and Cedric fell victim to his evil ways." Everyone shifted uncomfortably at the mention of you know who's name and I could see Ruby visibly shudder. A million thoughts went through my head at the declaration of his return.

The man who had sent a death eater to kill my mother just rose back from the dead. I had a million questions. How? What did this mean? What was their next move? But I knew all those questions could wait until after they've gone over what happened to me tonight.

"Did Harry tell you what happened tonight with me?" I asked slowly.

"He mentioned that you pulled him out of harms way when Barty Crouch shot the killing curse at him. Is this true?"