22: ☆ hogsmead ☆

I woke up the next day day feeling a large chunk of hair resting on my arm. I cracked my eyes open and saw that Hermione and I had fallen asleep on my bed last night. It was crazy that we both managed to fit in the small bed without falling off. I got up and looked at each of my friends bed, laughing at the sight.

Ginny was sleeping in Hermione's bed with her still braided hair sprawled everywhere over the pillow. Anastasia was laying face down with her dress still on in bunches at her feet.

I decided I would take a shower and get an early take on the day. It took longer than normal for me to wash myself since I had make up smeared everywhere and the eyeliner was irritatingly difficult to get off. Once I finished spraying my apple perfume thoroughly, I put on some comfortable black leggings and a white cream sweatshirt.

When I got back to my bed my barn owl was perched on the window hooting happily.

"I've gotta give you a name soon don't I," I smiled petting her softly right in between her eyes. I took the note she had from her beak and on it was written:

'Meet me by the kitchens
~Fred'

By the kitchens? And what would he want over there? Regardless, I put the blanket back over Hermione, wrote her a note saying where I was going, and headed out. I really wasn't a morning person but walking around the castle when it was empty and the sun was shining through was a surreal feeling. It made me appreciate all the little details about this school and my life.

I turned the corner to spot Fred leaning back against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Well hello there," he smirked, "fancy seeing you here."

"Yeah yeah," I rolled my eyes, "why would you wanna meet by the kitchens?"

"Well you see. Back in the day George and I nicked a map from Filch's office. And that map showed us all the secret passageways of Hogwarts."

"Of course," I gasped, "that's why you two never get caught!"

"Normally George and I use these passageways to hide but today I decided we would sneak into Hogsmead."

"Hogsmead?" I glanced up at him, "and what's that? A room in the castle?"

"Blimey I forget your American sometimes you know," he chuckled, "Hogsmead is the only all wizarding village of Britain. Once you enter your third year you're allowed to go to the village on designated weekends," he explained, "today isn't one of those days but we're going to make it one," he grinned mischievously. We approached a large statue and after Fred said a spell, it leaned forward and showed a gaping hole in the wall.

"Wow that was cool," I appreciated. We started making our way down the dark hall to the exit. I was glad it was dark so Fred didn't see me blush when he reached back and grabbed my hand in his.

"Alright this is our stop," he said pushing the door open on the other side. We entered a weird looking store that was filled with boxes. Once we got out of there I was amazed with the village in front of me.

Christmas lights hung on every storefront on top of the pile of snow that layered each shop. There was a giant Christmas tree in the center of the village with a small group of carolers rehearsing in front of it. Several owls flew above us while the soft sound of music filled the sound of the town.

"This is amazing," I said awestruck trying to take everything in.

"It is, isnt it," he smiled down at me before he led the way down the snowy path.

"I was thinking we could stop at the Three Broomsticks for a drink? And then maybe Zonkos, I promised George I'd restock on more Dungbombs," he admitted.