7: ☆ hogwarts express ☆

"You haven't forgotten your badge right Ron!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed at the same moment the Hogwarts Express made a loud noise, signifying it had 5 minutes until departure.

"Yes mum it's already pinned on me," he said embarrassed and pulled away from her tight embrace.

"Alright be safe," she called out to us giving kisses to everyone's cheeks.

"C'mon Vi," Fred called from over his shoulder as he climbed on the train with George. I stuck my hand up with my index finger, telling him I need one more minute to say bye to my dad real quickly.

"I'm assuming you wont be riding with us," I asked.

"No, I'll be apparating there later like last year," my dad informed Ruby and I.

"Okay then see you at dinner!" Ruby replied and jumped on board leaving me on the platform. This time was different; she wasn't the timid first year that was holding onto the folds of my t-shirt. She had grown and was much more confident with her surroundings, so she didn't wait for me and headed off to her own compartment. I understood though, while I was reunited with my friends at headquarters she only really knew Ginny.

A large black dog then came up to me and hit my hand with his head. I cooed at the animal petting it's head but then wondered why a dog was on a train platform, especially 93/4.

"That's Sirius," my dad whispered quietly.

"What!" I exclaimed but the dog-I mean Sirius, pushed my knee with it's nose to shut me up from making a scene.

"Yes not many people know he's an animagus. He did it when he was a student at Hogwarts. It was a foolish thing for him to come here however," my dad emphasized the last sentence. The dog simply trotted away and pushed Harry's butt with it's nose. I laughed and assumed that this was Sirius's way of saying goodbye, and I can't imagine how long it's been since he's wandered outside.

"Alright I'll see you at the feast." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and boarded the platform along side the trio.

"Which compartment should we sit at?" Harry asked.

"Oh well actually," Hermione stammered, "We kind of have to sit in the prefects compartment."

"Just to patrol the corridors some, we'll be back before the train get's there," Ron tried to assure.

"Brilliant, see you later then," Harry turned away quickly and started making his way down the hallway. I looked back on the compartment we were standing outside of with Fred, George, and Lee and turned around from it. Fred furrowed his eyebrows but made no move to go after me. I hoped once I explained during dinner what Sirius had asked of me, that Fred wouldn't be too bothered about me not sitting in the compartment. I'm sure he hardly noticed anyways so I wasn't worried about it.

"Wait Harry," I called after him.

"Aren't you going to sit with Fred?" he said confused.

"No, I'm going to sit with my bffl," I poked his side, "that stands for best friend for life you know." We approached one compartment that was cracked open. Inside was Ginny, Neville, and a blonde witch I didn't recognize.

"Hello I'm Violet, this is Harry," I introduced holding my hand out. The blonde girl put her upside-down newspaper to her lap and shook my hand back.

"Hi. I'm Luna Lovegood," she said with a dazed look in her eyes.

"Luna? You're in Ravenclaw?" I asked recognizing her name. She shook her head to confirm, "my sisters mentioned you before! Her name is Ruby, a second year."