19: ☆ deathly hallows ☆

I finally had apparated enough times in my life to hit the ground steady, and unmoving. The grass was high in this section of the hill and I spun in a circle looking at my surroundings. For the most part we were just in a middle chunk of land, no people or infrastructure in sight.

"Are you sure we're in the right place?" I asked Ron.

"Positive," he replied, "I only apparated a couple miles east of my house. The Lovegood's should be just over the hill." I glanced in the direction Ron looked towards knowing that the Burrow was just beyond the green. We could run there and tell everyone we were okay, maybe hear updates on our family.

But the smarter side of me told me that to do that would be foolish, and only put everyone else in danger.

"I forgot to ask, how did you find out about the taboo?" Ron asked.

"The what?"

"He means that you and Hermione have stopped saying you know who's name," I clarified.

"I guess I didn't realize...but it's just a bad habit. I've got no problem calling him V—"

"STOP!" Ron and I shouted together and stopped in place. Luckily we yelled quickly enough to startle him out of finishing his sentence.

"What are you on about?" Harry looked back weirdly.

"Sorry but the names been jinxed. Using his name breaks protective enchantments, it causes some kind of magical disturbance. Which is how they found us after the wedding," Ron explained as we kept moving through the grass.

"Because we used his name?" Hermione said incredulously.

"It's kind of smart you've got to admit that," he shrugged and I shot a glare at him, "I mean it's not good for us but it helps them sort through the people really plotting against him. Especially since those who are using his real name are the ones not afraid to fight."

The two then started to talk about the article written about Dumbledore in Rita Skeeters new article while I moved behind to stay with Hermione.

"Have you found a way to communicate with your parents?" I said in a hushed voice.

"No. I know they're safe," she answered confidently.

"Really?" I looked back, "so then you've gotten some kind of message?"

"No," she cleared her throat, "they actually moved to Australia. So they're far away from what's going on right here."

That news shocked me, "really? They just left you like that when they knew about the war?" I had met both Mr. And Mrs. Granger before. They didn't strike me as the type of people who would leave behind their daughter over fear. They loved her.

"Well they don't know what's going on here because I might've obliviated them," my eyes went wide, "to forget...about...me."

"Hermione!" I got ready to argue but she shot her hand up.

"It wasn't easy Violet—I mean I spent weeks contemplating it. I couldn't risk them getting questioned about me and the rest of us. But at least if we make it out of this war I can try to return their memories," she spoke quickly.

I could tell this wasn't something she wanted to talk about, so with one last look at her I continued to trudge through the grass with the other three, looking for any sign of a home.

It took at least ten minutes of climbing upwards to even get to the top of the hill, and when we did I could see the faintest sign of a white home in sight. We didn't speak, just tried to keep ourselves moving forward so we could get this trip over and done with.