13: ☆ brothers & bff's ☆

I got back to the castle in a rush trying to get to the hospital wing. Out of everyone I can't believe Dean was poisoned in broad day light. I wasn't an idiot and knew that the drink was meant for me but who would be the one to do that?

I trudged my boots through the snowy path up and finally got to the front doors of the castle.

"Violet!" a voice called for me and I saw Ruby skipping my way, Her hair was in it's usual braid and I saw her finger playing with a ring. In fact it was the same ring I gave her back in America, the day we were moving to England.

"I see you're still wearing that," I glanced at her hand while we continued to walk.

"Yeah duh I wear it every day," she smiled back and fumbled with it a little more so that the words and picture engraved her pointed up, "anyways I wanted to come find you and tell you we had Ravenclaw quidditch tryouts this morning."

"Did you?" I raised my eyebrow, "and did you tryout?"

"I don't know you tell me," she innocently looked up and showed me the badge in her hand that was green and labelled as Ravenclaw chaser.

"Oh my what!" I jumped and hugged her tightly, "congratulations! That's incredible news! You have to send dad a letter as soon as you can."

"That's where I was coming from! The Owlery," she laughed, "anyways I heard our second match of the season is against Gryffindor." I stopped in my tracks realizing I would have to play against my little sister. That was an extremely weird thing to imagine.

"But you know all my tricks," I whined.

"And you know all mine," she fought back, chuckling, "I'm excited though! I know everyone will come visit Hogwarts for that game. Think about it: Pine versus Pine," she spoke out the ending like she was the commentator.

"Don't get mad if I knock you off your broom," I gave her a pointed look.

"Hey same with me if I end up pulling out your braid," she retorted.

"Well I'm really proud of you honestly Ruby," I gave her a sincere smile, "but Ginny's boyfriend was kind of poisoned in Hogsmead so I really want to go see how she's doing—"

"Oh my gosh why didn't you say so. I'll go with you," Ruby answered quickly and we both made our way to the hospital wing. When I walked inside, I was surprised to see not only Neville and Seamus, but also the trio grouped together. Dean was laying in the bed next to someone else with black hair? I walked closer and saw the face of Katie Bell, with her eyes closed and skin looking ghostly white.

"What the hell happened?" I gasped out wondering how two of my friends were somehow in the hospital.

"Katie was cursed with a necklace," Harry explained, "we found her on the path back to the castle before she fell."

"Fell? Poisoned with what?" I asked bewildered.

"It was a necklace...filled with dark magic I'm sure," Ron answered me looking uneasy. I had never seen someone cursed before, but I knew enough to understand it could have been life threatening.

"Dean was poisoned today in the Three Broomsticks. Could they be connected?" I looked between the pair of people in the beds. Ruby was smoothing Ginny's hair trying to comfort her while I isolated myself with the trio. We were far away from everyone else that they couldn't hear us.

"I don't think they even really know each other besides being in the same house," Hermione said in a hushed voice.

"I'm telling you guys it was Malfoy. I saw him in the bathroom at the three broomsticks," Harry said exasperated.