8: ☆ co captain ☆

I entered the common room for the first time this school year and felt a rush of emotions coming at me. This was the place I was most comfortable with, the place I called home, and it felt good to be back.

The walls were still a deep red color, but I saw a second couch had been added in front of the fireplace. The paintings inside were all greeting returning students, and entertaining the first years that stared at the place in awe.

Harry and I had gotten there after pretty much everyone else and a weird hush fell upon the room when we entered. Every eye was looking at Harry, almost expecting him to make some kind of speech. I could feel the tension and had no idea what was happening.

"Dean, Seamus," Harry said nodding, "have a good holiday?"

"All right," Dean responded politely, "better than Seamus', anyway."

"What happened with you Seamus," I spoke with a frown, not knowing why the details of someone's summer had everyone silent.

"Well me mum didn't want me to come back this year," Seamus stood up.

"Why not?" Harry asked.

"Let me see. Because of you! The Daily Prophet's been saying a lot of things about you and Dumbledore." I opened my mouth in shock not believing that this conversation right now was real. It didn't make sense to me that so many people were trying to discredit Harry's story and for what? What would he possibly be gaining from spreading around lies about the man who tried to murder him.

"And what, your mum believes them?" Harry snapped.

"Nobody was there the night Cedric died."

"I guess you should read the Prophet, then, like your stupid mother."

"Don't talk about my mother!" My eyes were going back and forth the two boys, as was everyone else.

"I'll have a go at anyone that calls me a liar," Harry said angrily. I was about to stand up to defend him but Ron beat me to it.

"What's going on?" Ron said coming back from escorting the first years to their rooms.

"He's mad, is what's going on," Seamus pointed at Harry, "do you believe the rubbish he's come out with about You-Know-Who?"

"Yeah. I do," Ron said sternly, "Has anyone else got a problem with Harry?" Everyone kept to their silence and both boys turned around to go upstairs.

"Seamus you're an idiot," I told him while walking upstairs to go to my own dorm. As I was approaching the stairs I saw Fred sitting down on the couch. I went up to go talk to him, but as soon as he saw me coming he stood up and walked away.

"He's being so weird" Ginny shook her head.

"I literally have no idea why too! He's been ignoring me since we got to Hogwarts. Is it something I did?"

"What could you possibly have done? We've been here for 3 hours. He's just being a git, best to leave him to it." I follower her instruction and just went up into my dorm. I saw Hermione's stuff on top of the bed next to mine. The names Lavender and Parvarti were written ontop of the other beds and I frowned in confusion.

This year we only had 4 beds in our dorm room, which was different from the five we normally had. This meant that Anastasia wasn't in our room but why?

I figured I would just find out why tomorrow when I saw her in my classes. My mind, as hard as I tried to avoid it, went back to the issue at hand with Fred. Is this what happens when you get a boyfriend? I honestly expected Fred and I to sneak out of the castle tonight, maybe go down to our spot by the lake, and stir trouble the first day back. Never did I imagine he would be upset with me over something I had no idea of, and not try to fix it.

Irresistible - f.weasleyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara