20: ☆ taboo ☆

"Can't trust anyone these days!" Ron shouted as soon as we had landed in another forest. It was approaching nighttime and the first thing I did was pull out my wand and start doing protective enchantments.

"What he did was foul—but I can't help but think of Luna—" Hermione said sadly.

"Why didn't you apparate us out of there right away?" Harry asked when she had pulled out the miniature tent and they started putting it up.

"Don't you get it!" I laughed, "the plan was absolutely brilliant!"

"Thank you Vi," she managed a smile, "I didn't want us to just leave while they thought that he was lying. So I made sure they caught a glimpse of us before we left—"

"Then why did you have me under the cloak?" Ron pushed further.

"You're supposedly in bed with spattergroit remember! I didn't want them to go after your family if they saw you with him," Hermione explained and I shook my head at her genius ness. There really wasn't one thing she didn't think through.

"Well how about I attempt to make us some real tea," I proposed. And at the nod of all their heads, I pulled out a pot, and got ready to start the fire.

•••

Three days later I was inside the tent, curled up on the bed trying to hug my body for warmth as I continued to read the book Dumbledore gave me. Harry and Hermione were both sitting outside, standing guard for the first half of the night but something tells me that they needed this time to talk.

Ron and I had been apart from them for a long while it seems like, and their schedule for the days seemed to have routine. I hated coming here and disrupting that, especially whilst bringing the drama that had come along with Ron but hopefully things would go back to normal—or as close to normal as we could get.

"What chapter are you on?" Ron said with a bored tone in his voice. He had spent the last hour trying to file his nails with a sturdy wood chip he had found in the forest, not really succeeding and instead giving him a couple splinters.

I leaned forward out of the warmth from my blankets and showed him the page I was on, "currently Latin. Although it's one of the more interesting languages i've been looking at, it doesn't seem to match anything in this notepad."

For the last few days I would make it a point to get through at least three languages and inspect it as much as I could to see if there was any similarity between the notepad and the letters on the pages.

"Don't you think that notepad is more trouble than it's worth?" Ron wondered out loud not really looking at me, "I mean you've had this for years and we have only just been able to crack three words from it. What if it doesn't actually have a hidden meaning?"

"It has to," I sighed and closed the book. I felt a slight headache coming on and I assumed it was from the hours I spent straining my eyes on the book with a room that had little to not light, "if it wasn't important, than Dumbledore wouldn't have left me this in his will."

"I suppose you're right," Ron shrugged and I pinched my nose to try to calm my breaths. It would be a lie if I said I wasn't extremely frustrated with this fucking notepad, and once this all ends I'll be more than happy to throw it into the ocean.

Ron was right, I've had it for two years now and have only been able to dig up bits and pieces from it. Undoubtedly the stuff we found recently will prove to be important, but without the rest of the information how were we supposed to connect the dots.

"I think it's going to start soon," Ron muttered and got the radio out, ready to turn it on and spin the dial to its broadcast.

I got up out of bed and went to the opening of the tent to go retrieve Harry and Hermione. Neither of them were talking but I still felt bad having to intrude on their silence. The relaxing quiet.