9: ☆ elf tricks ☆

"What could be have meant when he said that locket was familiar?" Harry asked as soon as Sirius left, "I mean it's been gone for years now so if he recognized it..."

"Maybe he went to school with someone who had it? A Slytherin student could've worn it?" Ron suggested.

"No that doesn't make sense," I shook my head, "if he recognized just a shimmer of that necklace than it wouldn't of been from seeing someone casually wear it in the hallways."

"Maybe we should check around the house," Hermione stated and the four of us split up to look in different rooms, maybe we'd be able to find a photograph with someone wearing the locket.

I went into the nursery and felt a smile creep on my face when I remembered an old memory in the room. A couple years ago Mrs. Weasley had all of us gather here to take care of a Pixie infestation.

Rummaging through the drawers, I looked through all the random pieces of parchment looking for any kind of photo that would prove what we were looking for.

"Guys!" I heard Harry voice yell from upstairs. I shut the drawer and ran to where I heard him calling.

"Regulus Arcturus Black," Harry said as soon as I stepped into the room, the other two already being there, "R.A.B. It makes perfect sense now. R.A.B. is Sirius's brother!

"Yes," Hermione nodded but had a frown etched on her face, "question is, did he actually destroy the real Horcrux?" No one had time to pitch in any ideas because a thump came from inside the wardrobe.

"I thought we got rid of that Boggart," Ron said hesitantly while we all watched the wardrobe.

"Yeah I thought so too," Harry approached it slightly, his wand outstretched, and when he opened it out tumbled Kreacher.

"You've been spying on us, have you!" Harry said angrily, the elf crawling back up from the floor.

"Kreacher has been watching," he said deeply, not looking at any of us in the eyes.

"Maybe he knows where the real locket is," I elbowed Harry.

"Have you ever seen this before?" The house elf flinched at the sight of it, "Kreacher?"

"It's Master Regulus' locket," the elf stated simply.

"But there were two, weren't there? Where's the other one?"

"Kreacher doesn't know where the other locket is—"

"Yes, but did you ever see it?" Hermione interrupted, "was it in this house?"

"Filthy Mudblood!" Kreacher raised his voice and everyone started talking at once making me take a step back.

"—he doesn't know any better—"

"—Death Eaters are coming—"

"—Ron—"

"—Blood traitor, Weasley—"

"Answer her!" I said loudly, quieting all of them from chattering at once.

"Yes," Kreacher looked down looking almost ashamed, "It was here in this house. A most evil object. Before Master Regulus died, he ordered Kreacher to destroy it...but no matter how hard
Kreacher tried, he could not do it."

"Well, where is it now? Did someone take it?" Harry rushed him while the rest of us hung off his every word.

"He came in the night. He took many things, including the locket," he paused for a short second, "Mundungus. Mundungus Fletcher."