5: ☆ doxies ☆

"Ouch," I cried out feeling some of the oil from the hot pan land onto my arm. I jumped to wipe it off me before it left a nasty burn in it's place. Currently, I was in the kitchen with Mrs. Weasley attempting to help her make some breakfast for everybody. I had slept deeper than I had all summer and woke up with a smile ready to start the day.

Turns out I had woken up just an hour after Mr. Weasley and Harry left for the ministry since his trial was scheduled for 10:00am. The rest of us would stay at home and await the decision of the court to see if he'd been expelled.

"Oh, dear do be careful," Mrs. Weasley said from the center kitchen isle where she was cutting up potatoes.

"Yeah I'm good!" I reassured her flipping the next egg on the skillet, but I could see a small red mark beginning to show up on my wrist. Now if I were able to do magic outside of school, I could just flip the egg with my wand at a considerable distance. The idea went through my head, but then I thought that was stupid since that's the whole reason Harry was facing a trial; for simple underage magic.

Once I had finished cooking enough for everybody, I placed an omelet on each plate at the table. Mrs. Weasley brought over a big bowl of hash browns, scooping a round portion for each person.

"How are you going to wake everyone up?" I asked knowing that there were so many rooms and people staying at this place.

"Like this," she smirked. She held her wand to her mouth and began to speak loudly, "breakfast is ready be down in two minutes," she said in a normal voice, but the wand seemed to project it. Her voice echoed throughout the entire house in a magnified volume that would have scared me half to death if I'd been asleep. It was times like this where I noticed her smirk matched the twins whenever they were concocting some kind of prank. The resemblance was uncanny.

A loud scream went through the house which made me jump in fear. The scream sounded like a kind of wail and I raised my wand trying to locate the source of the noise in case anyone was hurt.

"I forgot about that stupid painting," she muttered throwing the towel on the counter, and taking off towards wherever the noise was coming from. I was alone in the kitchen and I felt dumb for just standing in the aisleway when people would be coming down any second. I grabbed my goblet from the table and went to fill it up with water when I ran into two solid people, a crack noise going through the room.

"Oops sorry Violet, we didn't know anyone was standing here," George apologized with a laugh while I held my nose. I had hit it with my goblet when I ran into them, since they decided that apparating into the middle of the room was a good idea.

"What do they say during apparation training! Focus on your destination, not just a random spot in the room where someone could be standing," I lectured.

"Oh yeah? And what would you know about apparation?" Ron asked walking into the kitchen.

"Well Ronald, at Ilvermorny you learn how to do it when you're in year 3. I have my American license but not my Britain one."

"That's my girl," Fred praised me and came to sit at the spot next to me, "How'd you sleep?"

"Better honestly," I smiled at him. Before we could continue conversation, Mrs. Weasley reentered the kitchen with a long line of sleepy people following her.

"Boys help me carry the stew over to the table," she instructed. Ron went to go pick it up with his hands, but Fred and George had other ideas.

"We'll show you the way little brother," George smirked while the twins both pointed their wands at everything they were supposed to be carrying over.