12: ☆ library visit ☆

"I can't believe you got detention tonight Harry! Angelina's going to be pissed you're missing tryouts," I exclaimed. We were walking out of Defense Against the Dark Arts now that class had just finished.

"I wasn't going to just sit there and let her call me a liar," he defended.

"Yes and in normal cases we wouldn't either, but she's a ministry official-" Hermione tried to reason.

"And? Why does that make her special?"

"It doesn't! But she's looking for any reason to get you or Dumbledore into trouble. You gave her exactly what she wanted." We all sighed knowing Hermione was right. In the end Harry gave her the exact kind of reaction she was looking for.

We didn't speak of the interaction between them Umbridge and Harry any further and went to the remainder of our classes. I had a free period so I headed to the library to go check out if any books had information about Seers. I forgot the promise I had made to Sirius to research my powers with the craziness that was this week.

I walked into the quiet library and set my stuff down at an abandoned table. There was hardly anyone in here since it was the middle of the day.

First I had to figure out where to start looking. I had no idea if there were any books in this library pertaining information about the powers I had. I walked down each isle, dragging my finger across each topic of books.

I could check Dark Arts, but Seers didn't seem to be a forbidden type of magic. I thought about searching through History of Magic and trying to find a trace of the origin. Flipping through those pages made me feel even more overwhelmed when I could feel all the historical events in the Wizarding World piling up my brain. The only thing I saw was a couple pages on Occulemency and how to master the power. I shut the book and put it back on the shelf, sighing with the waste of time I had spent.

I walked down a couple more rows until I got to the mystical creatures section and found the letter S. None of the titles of the books explicitly said "Seer" so I had to skim through piles of books to find something.

I huffed when again I wasn't able to find anything regarding the topic. In the same isle though was a bright blue book that stood out in the corner of my eye. Warily, I reached out towards it and read the front page titled Muggle Religion. I wondered why this would be in the mythical creature section?

When I opened it, I saw a the table of contents show chapter titled Prophet and Seer. I immediately took a seat and began to read the information on the page.

'In the Muggle world, an influential person in their religious lives is someone who serves to be a Prophet. Famous muggle leaders: Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel all saw visions of God's throne, in which they looked upon God himself and learnt profound truths about his nature. Muggles see prophets as someone who relays their Gods messages, intentions, and purposes. These messages may show themselves as visons, images, or even God's voice.

A Seer in the wizarding world holds a similar role. Merlin bestowed this gift upon a woman he fell in love with when he was only a young wizard. Knowing that he would be the most powerful wizard in the world, he gave this power to his one true love so that she would have the ability to protect herself and others around her when he wasn't there.

The power a Seer has is the ability to receive images of the future laying before them. They may come in quick flashes during a critical situation or predicted years prior to an event. There are many different types of Seers. One's who see a vision with a long time period coming, short term images that show moments prior to something, or the voice

Voice Seers are among the rarest because they are direct descendants from the woman Merlin provided this power with. They happen to be the only one's who can develop their skills further. It happens with the young witches age, and deep concentration.