19: ☆ first meeting ☆

"Wake up!" Hermione shook me awake. It was Monday morning and I had slept the entire day yesterday making multiple returns from my toilet back to my bed. I also kept having recurring dreams of that stupid number 97, floating in the air in front of me. The number had no significance in my life so I don't know why I would start dreaming about it now.

"No I want to sleep," I whined.

"You already missed breakfast and besides this is important." I sighed and got out of bed to rush over to the shower. I got ready in record speed making sure to extra brush my teeth.

"Alright what is it," she grabbed my hand and tugged me out of the room. She refused to say a word as we climbed out of the painting and sprinted through the corridor of the seventh floor, "Give me a second I have a cramp," I leaned over.

"Oh good Violet you're here," Harry said from the the corner of the hallway. I reluctantly went up to him and was shocked to see the giant doors in front of us. I walked into the room and found myself speechless as I looked at everything in front of me. There were statues holding wands, an endless supply of books on hexes, as well a targets on the wall.

"Wow," I awed.

"It's Neville who's done it," she said enthusiastically "he found the Room of Requirement."

"The what?" Ron asked from beside me.

"It's also known as the Come and Go Room," she explained, "The Room of Requirement only appears when a person has real need of it. And it's always equipped for the seeker's needs."

"So say you really needed the toilet..." Ron spoke aloud.

"Charming, Ronald," she grimaced, "but, yes, that is the general idea.

"It's brilliant," Harry gave a real smile at the room, "It's like Hogwarts wants us to fight back." Since we had found a proper location for out meetings Hermione set off to inform everyone we would have our first one at 7pm tonight.

"There's got to be an easier process than finding every individual person and telling them the meeting time and place," Hermione muttered as we told the 9th person we could find.

"Yeah we've got to get tattoos like the death eaters have and just call people to our side," I laughed but Hermione seemed to ponder the idea, "Hermione that was a joke, no ones going to get tattoos for this."

"No but it's the same general magic. I could put a charm on something that could send the message to others."

"What like a Protean Charm" I asked.

"Exactly that! The charm allows several objects to change simultaneously through a common purpose, so if I got a galleon and marked it with the tine and date of the meeting--"

"Everyone else's would match!" I finished for her. Although we couldn't do that magic for today it would come handy for the following meetings.

7:00pm finally came around and we made sure to patrol the 7th floor to ensure no one was spotting us all meeting in this room.

"Hi everyone thanks for coming" Harry greeted, "I thought this lesson we would go over something simple and quite easy. Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It's a wizard's bread and butter, really. So grab a partner."

I moved to stand with Hermione since Ginny and Michael were partners. I had looked to Fred who was sporting a small grin on his face and he winked when we made eye contact. I shook my head but couldn't help the small smile that appeared on my face.

"Do you want to go first?" I asked Hermione but she shook her head.

"I've had practice with the spell why don't you go," I nodded and we took our positions. Everyone was standing on each side of us as Hermione and I stood about 10 feet apart.