11: ☆ sacrifice ☆

A/N y'all try to read this chapter with some music or SLOWLY try not to skim. It's supposed to be pretty intense and if you skip it'll break that effect! But furthermore continue! *giggles*
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I was thankful no one was looking at me right now because if they did, they'd see my eyes as wide as a saucer. The four of us were all somehow in the same room with the locket, and we had no plan over how we were going to make this happen.

Without a doubt we knew this had to be the moment we got the Horcrux from her, in fact we'd probably never find a better time than now to all be this close.

I wanted to pull all of them aside, silently begging Yaxley to speak to Umbridge again but he didn't. Instead he leaned back on a seat and the trial for Mrs. Cattermole began.

"Mary Elizabeth Cattermole?" Umbridge read from the paper.

"Yes," the woman answered, her legs shaking and her hands visibly clenching onto Ron's.

"Of 27 Chislehurst Gardens, Great Tolling, Evesham—"

I turned my gaze to Harry while she kept questioning the poor lady in front of us. He was looking at the room inquisitively with an expression like a guard dog sniffing to trail someone. His face turned on me, and I could see he recognized me as my impersonator, so I flickered my eyes as quickly as I could to Umbridge's chest and then back at the scene in front of me.

That was all it took for Harry to start walking forward to the stand Umbridge was sitting in. My stomach started rumbling with nervousness and I felt my breath hitch in my throat since I had no idea what he was going to do.

"—I didn't take it," the woman cried which got my attention again, "I got it in Diagon Alley, at Ollivander's, when I was 11. It chose me!"

Harry was still moving closer to her, having barely just passed where I was sitting which was about ten seats away from Umbridge. I pinched my lips together and held in the gasp that was threatening to escape when I could see the tanner complexion of my fingetrips turn into the lighter one of my own.

The polyjuice potion was fading.

Hermione seemed to notice this too since her wide eyes were watching the one sliver of red appear on the top of Ron's hair.

"You're lying," Umbridge smirked and leaned forward over the podium, "wands only choose witches, and you are not a witch."

"But I am! Tell them, Reg!" She pleaded Ron, who didn't speak up probably since he didn't know what to say and the fear of giving himself away.

Harry was right there at the podium. I clutched my wand firmly in my fist and had my heels off in preparation to run at a moments notice.

"What on earth are you doing, Albert?" Umbridge glanced down at him, Yaxley also staring with furrowed eyebrows.

"You're lying, Dolores," Harry stated, his face morphing back into his own, "and one mustn't tell lies. Stupefy!"

"Shit!" I yelled and hopped over the seats in front of me to get to the other three. Hermione had stunned Yaxley as well but the damage was done. The dementors started soaring through the air as if they were racing to get to us.

"Expecto Patronum!" I screamed, swishing my wand behind me. The spell did little to hold off the Dementors, only sending about ten of them back and a new wave followed. The four of us along with the lady at the trial sprinted for our lives to get to the elevator. If these creatures got ahold of us, I could only imagine there wouldn't be much of a fight for ministry workers to get them off us.