Chapter 42 Glass

Time: 5:12 PM
Location: Melromarc
Status: Normal

I was Drinking Pepsi and Lost Count of it while walking with Gil and Naofumi.

Kayden: *burp* hmm 4,5, i lost count drinking Pepsi for this day.

Gil: *facepalm* How do you function? Actually, how the f*ck are you even alive right now?

Kayden: My body isn't very real and real at the same time, think of it as your new body in a virtual game between reality worlds. like coming out of the game and you have powers like this. I can also breathe underwater or in space. So my body didn't age, only my hair and soul.

Gil: So it's basically a downgraded version of immortality

Kayden: I can activate my god mode but...

Gil: Let me guess, it will be too boring for you?

Kayden: yep, i'll be like a boring saitama who doesn't feel about a real fight.

Gil: I, for one, possess another type of immortality.

He chops off one of his arms and it regenerates almost instantly

Gil: I can still get hurt, however it regenerates endlessly. On top of that, my lifespan is unlimited

Kayden eh. really. I can regenerate 8 second after taking damage..

Gil takes out 9 fancy silver cups that contain a mysterious light pink colored liquid

Gil: The fountain of youth, that's the source of my immortality

Kayden: ooo.. well my immortality only activates in my world. Once I'm outside it turns off. but I do not wish for being invincible.

He quickly puts the fountains of youth away

Gil: What a shame, I was even thinking of letting you drink one of them

Kayden: i'm already fine without it. Hehe..

Gil: Alright then.

Kayden: Hey Look.

Kayden Pointed at Ren and itsuki heading towards the restaurant.

Kayden: Ren and Itsuki. These 2 Being an ass and a lot of people died, we end cleaning up their mess. What a pain. I heard you already killed that dragon zombie that caused an epidemic, right?

We Peeked to see what Ren and Itsuki was doing in here for now. We Heard conversation at a bit distance when these 2 sitting on the chair and the rest of the party were having lunch.

Itsuki: I Overthrew a despot in the country to the north. But when I went to the guild, they'd already paid the reward out to someone else.

Ren: Same here. Somebody stole a job request from me.

Itsuki: Looks like someone's going around pretending to be us.

A Female Adventurer from Itsuki's party passes a paper to Itsuki.

Adventurer: Itsuki-sama, We've received a Guild request to overthrow a town lord to the north. What will we do?

Itsuki: From the guild?

Adventurer: Yes. From looking into it, it seems the lord is heavily taxing citizens beyond the court's set limits. Using that revenue to hire mercenaries, and suppressing dissent.

Kayden's Thought: Heavy Taxing eh? It's from that same town Before.

Itsuki: is that so? Someone needs to be taught that with great power comes great responsibility.