26. Today is the day

Paisley POV

While I was waiting for my appointment, I could hear my dads speaking. In my room I just sat on my bed, thoughts racing so fast that I didn't realise I was thinking that much.

Logan had a busy shift at the bar so he isn't able to come to the appointment with me like he said. So my dads are taking me, leaving the twins at home with Lewis.

"He's looking at houses Danny, he wants to keep it. I know him, and I know for a fact Logan wants this baby." I heard pa whisper.

My dad stayed quiet or he was talking that lowly I couldn't hear him. Am I making the wrong choice, does Logan want to keep the baby? Is he moving out because of me?

"Paisley, it's time to go now." Dad called up. I quickly got my shoes on the went down. We all silently walked to the car and left.

The whole way there was silent with the quiet hum of the radio playing. So I'm really doing this. Once it's done, I can't go back. I won't have a baby anymore and I'll be able to move on.

Finally, we got to the clinic and signed in. I sat with my dads and filled out the form and gave it to a nurse. "I'll check this over and then someone will be with you in twenty minutes."

I nodded and leaned back on my chair. My heart started beating fast that I thought I was going to have a panic attack. "I need a moment." I announced then walked to the bathroom.

When I got there, I paced the floor while tears steamed down my cheeks. Just then, a mother came in with a baby girl and laid her on the changing table.

"Are you alright, miss?" The woman asked me.

"How old were you when you had her?" I asked.

"Well I'm 25 and she's three months old. But I had my oldest when I was sixteen. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know what to do. I'm sixteen and have come for an abortion. I'm so confused, I don't know what I want. Please tell me what I can do." I sobbed.

"Hun, it's ok." The woman started tearing up. "I was in the same situation as you, here to get an abortion, but a woman told me and I'll tell you what she said. If you don't know what to do, don't do this. This isn't an option because a baby never asked to be put there. But trust me little girl, when you see your baby for the first time, wether it be on a screen or when you give birth. You will fall in love with it over and over because it's apart of you. And someday you'll look back and see that it's the best thing that has ever happened to you. Give it a go, and if you can't handle it then look for a family that will adopt the baby, but don't think for one minute, you won't fall in love with it. Because I fell in love with my oldest when I first saw her, and she makes our family up. You think about it, but no matter what you do, every thing will be ok."

I took a deep breath as her words sunk in. "Thank you, so much."

I walked out of the bathroom and to my dads. I wiped my eyes and waited for my name to be called.

"You alright baby girl?" Pa looked at me. I nodded and put my head down.

"Paisley Jones." Someone called me not long after. I stood up and walked away not being able to look at my dads. When I got to the room, they made me change into a weird gown thing and lay on a bed.

"Ok, paisley. Let me know when you're ready and we'll get started." A woman smiled softly at me.

I nodded and took deep breaths. My heart beat went up again and I could feel tears fall down my cheeks again. All that was going through my head was what my dad and the woman said to me.

It'll be the best thing that will ever happen to you.

In my head I know this would be the best, but in my heart I know for a fact I couldn't do it. I sat up and started putting my clothes on.

"I am so sorry I wasted your time. I can't do this, I just can't." I sobbed as I pulled up my leggings.

"Young girls like you come in here all the time. Most go through with it, but you're different. I know you'll be a great mum sweetie. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." The woman smiled at me.

"Thank you." I put on my T-shirt and shoes then left the room. While I was walking thought the hall, I saw a body long mirror. I couldn't help but stop and lift up my T-shirt, and of course making an appearance was my baby.

"Do you want a scan?" A man randomly asked me. He had doctors clothes on and his badge looked legit so I said yes. He lead me to a room where he set it all up and I laid on the bed.

"Do you know how far along you are?" He asked me.

"No. I found out a couple days ago but I've been feeling the symptoms for over a month now."

"Ok. Well I'm doctor Abbott, you can call me Chris. I will do this for you then put you in the system so you can set up the different scans for different times during the pregnancy." He told me.

"Thank you."

"So what made you come to get an abortion?"

I lifted up my T-shirt so he could put some weird gel on my belly. "I'm sixteen and I guess I just wanted to live my life. I stopped at the last minute because my dad and this woman told me that it'll be the best thing that will ever happen to me. And as soon as I see my baby I'll fall in love with them and won't regret it." I explained.

"Yeah. I had my first last year and I'm twenty six. I thought I wasn't ready but as soon as I saw my son I knew I could do it. And I'm sure you'll be a good mum."