27. Scan

Paisley POV

"Alright, would you like to see?" Chris asked me. I nodded and he turned the screen. "That's your baby." He pointed to a shape on the screen.

"That is the head, and there is the beginning of the bum and legs." He added. I sniffled as I looked at my baby on the screen.

Now I understand what that lady meant by falling in love when you first see them. I bit my bottom lip trying not to break down, but in a good way this time.

"When the baby starts kicking it may feel like butterflies as some women have told me. That's normal so you don't have to worry. You're due date would most likely be the 29th of July but it all depends on the baby. You are roughly two months and a couple days. So I'd go with 8 weeks and three days. Then on Monday you can say you're nine weeks and go from there."

"Ok, thank you."

"Do you want some pictures?" Dr Abbott asked me.

"Please." My voice cracked as I spoke. He nodded, paused the screen then left the room. Beside me was wipes so I grabbed one and wiped the access gel off me then sat up. Even though it was paused, I couldn't help but keep my eyes on the screen. Right where he said the head was.

Soon enough, dr Abbott came back in and handed me an envelope. "There you go. I've set you up an appointment again when you are 24 weeks so you can hear the heartbeat and maybe find out the gender. Keep on with what you're doing, do not stress to much and no heavy lifting. I'll see you soon."

"Oh, fuck, my name is paisley." I told him.

He chuckled. "It was nice to meet you paisley. I'll see you soon." He smiled as well.

I got up and walked out of the room to the waiting room. When my dads saw me, they immediately pulled me into a hug. I sobbed, not because I was unhappy, but because I've finally made the decision I know in my heart is the right one. I'm keeping my baby.

"How are you feeling? They said it would take longer." Pa pulled away and looked at me.

"I didn't get it done." I told them. "A doctor saw me and gave me a scan. Dad I can't do it, I can't get rid of it now."

"Oh calabaza." My dad hugged me. "We'll do what we can to help you. We love you so, so much." They both kissed my head and walked out of the clinic.

We all got in the car and I sat down. "God I really want some chicken nuggets." I laughed through my tears.

"Want to stop off at McDonald's?" Pa chuckled as he pulled out of the car park.

"Fuck yes." I groaned happily.

"Let me see the pictures then." Dad turned to me. I handed him the envelope so he could open it and look. "Aww baby girl. I think they'll be a looker when they're born. I can believe that."

"Only time will tell. I'm just really hungry and tired." I giggled then yawned.

When we got to McDonald's, we all ordered and got food for the others as well. Soon enough, we pulled into the driveway and I just sat there for a second.

"You alright?" Pa asked me.

"Better than ever." I smiled, like a genuine smile. My dads carried all the bags and stuff while I only had the envelope with the scan pictures in.

"Hey." Lewis smiled sadly at me then got up. He went for a hug but I moved back and put a hand on my belly trying not to smile.

"Be careful. I don't want your fat arse to hurt your niece or nephew." I told him.

"You didn't get it done?" Lewis gasped. "How the fuck did I know you wouldn't do it?" He hugged me.

We both swayed a little as we both laughed a little. When we pulled away, we sat down and started eating. I moaned when I ate a chicken nugget.

"Fuuucckkkk." I moaned. "This is a foodgasm right there."

"A what?" Dad laughed at me.

"A food orgasm. Trust me, it's better than the actual thing." I told him. Both my dads shook their heads and rolled their eyes with a smile.

"Hey kids, I'm going to the-," Logan came down but stopped when he saw me. "I'm going to the shop. Anyone want anything?"

"Yes." I quickly said before I could stop myself. "Nope, Sorry." I blushed and put my head down.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Actually, can I get a strawberry and chocolate milkshake, marvellous creations chocolate, a bag of chupa chups and some crispy M&M's." I blushed even more.

"Alright. Anyone else?" Logan looked around. They all said no but I stopped him before he could leave.

"Let me get you some money. And you're taking it wether you like it or not." I told him sternly before running up to my room with the envelope.

I grabbed a five pound note and a scan picture. Under the money, I got the photo and went back downstairs. I handed the money over to Logan with my heart beating so fast.

"You didn't have-," he started but then saw the scan. He pulled it from the money to look at it more. His chest rose up and down fast as his eyes glossed over and a few tears fell.

"You didn't get it done?" Logan breathed out. I shook my head no being able to talk. He closed his eyes and ran a hand through his hair before coming over to me and pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you." He whispered.

"This woman told me how it would feel when I first saw them and she wasn't wrong. I love it already." I told him.

After that me and Logan were silent. He just hugged me tightly yet softly. It felt good to be in his arms again but I knew it wouldn't last. We have to go back to being friends, for our baby and I'm ok with that. Something never work out so I have to put this behind me.

But now I can focus on my baby and moving on, looking into the future and leaving the last behind. No matter how much it hurt.