36. It's happening

Paisley POV

My eyes shot open to a pain that was worse than stubbing your toe. When I passed I was able to concentrate on my surroundings. Just then, I felt a wet patch on my bed. It wasn't fresh and looked like it had been there for a while.

That's when I knew I'd be welcoming my son into the work. At 36 weeks pregnant I'd be having him and it worried me a little. He'd be a month early so I just had worries all together.

"Daddy." I cried out when another pain came. Both my dads rushed in to see me in my state.

"Danny get the bag and start the car. Don't forget to call Logan." Pa ordered then helped me up. He helped me out of my nighty since it was wet and out another on me. Don't worry I had a sports bra on and panties, and I don't care if he saw me, I'm in pain and just want it to stop.

We got to the car with dad driving and pa letting me hold his hand while he comforted me.

"Logan said he'll meet us at the hospital with Karla. That way paisley can ask her questions after the birth and all that. And Martha will be there as well." Dad told us.

"Alright babe. As long as Logan sees his son born i don't care who shows up in the waiting room." Pa rubbed my back and kissed my head.

Eventually, we got to the hospital with Logan waiting at the front for us. How fast did he drive? Who is he? Fucking someone from fast and furious.

"Ahhh." I screamed as another pain came.

"Danny go get a wheelchair and get them to call dr Abbott." Pa said, dad ran off leaving me with Logan and pa. "Logan help me get paisley out so we can get her in quicker."

They both helped me out of the car and slowly walk to the entrance of the hospital. Half way there, my dad and a nurse came out with a wheelchair. It was still dark out even at 5am, welcome to England.

Logan and my dad sat me down letting the nurse take me in. "Only the father can come in if he's here. If not then it can only be immediate family." The woman said.

"I'm the father of the baby." Logan spoke up. We started moving again and got to a room. A couple women came in hooking me up to machines and putting this weird thing on my bump. They had changed my nighty into one of those hospital gowns which I wasn't to fond of.

Once I was settled, one women checked to see how many centimetres dilated I was. "Ok, only three cm right now so I'll leave you and baby daddy to it. I'll come back every so often to check on you if dr Abbott isn't here." She said then left the room.

Logan held my hand as I cried. He laid partly on the bed so I could lay my head on his chest.

"Shh, Shh. It's ok, you're doing amazing paisley. Not long left." He whispered and kissed my head.

"I'm scared, I'm so scared." I sobbed.

"About what baby? You'll be ok."

"He's a month early, I don't want to lose him."

"We won't. He's so strong like his mum. We'll have little Xavier in our arms soon enough, healthy and ok." Logan reassured me.

Just then, pa, dad, Karla and my abuela walked through the door.

"Oh my baby." Karla and abuela came to my other side while Logan held me close to him.

"Hi." I weakly smiled at them.

"How are you?" Abuela asked me.

"Estoy tan asustada abuela." I sobbed. (I'm so scared grandma)

"It'll be ok, darling. What are you scared about?" She stroked my hair from my face.

"He's a month early. I don't want to lose him."

"Both of you will be ok. I had your dad at 37 weeks which isn't much from you. They put him in an incubator for a couple hours then I got to hold him. But you may be lucky and not have to do that. You're so strong abeja, both of you will be alright." She smiled at me.

I nodded and cuddled up to Logan's chest more. He let me squeeze his hand whenever a contraction came, but even when it passed he still held me which I was thankful for.

"Paisley." Dr Abbott walked in after me being there for three hours. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm in pain and scared. Other than that I'm ok." I replied.

"That's good, as long as there isn't anything out of the ordinary. Has anyone checked to see how many centimetres dilated you are?"

"When I first got here a lady said I was at three. But we've been here for a couple hours now so I don't know." I replied.

"Ok I'm going to check. Is that ok or would you prefer a women to come in?"

"No it's ok. I don't care who delivers him as long as my baby boy is safe." I told him.

Dr Abbott nodded and proceeded to check me. "Alright, you're at eight so maybe another hour or so until you can start pushing. Do you want an epidural or not?"

"No. I want to try this naturally." I stated. He nodded then left the room.

"Paisley do you want me to put your hair up? It'll help when you give birth and not have it in your face." Karla asked me.

"Please." I nodded. Logan sat on a chair but never let go of my hand, which once again I was thankful for.

"Let's do french braids and we can do one each giving her two." Abuela suggested.

"Brilliant. That will be better than a bun or pony tail." Karla said. They both got me on the bed so I was comfortable but they could do my hair. Logan had to let go of my hand for five seconds but I grabbed it when they women got me settled.

After an hour and a half, dr Abbott came back in and checked me again. "Ok everyone other than Logan needs to leave. It's time to deliver a baby." 

Pa, my dad, Karla and abuela left the room leaving me, Logan and dr Abbott. Another woman came in I'm guessing for extra hands if there is that chance nothing does go to plan.

"Alright paisley, when I say, I want you to push." Dr Abbott told me. I nodded grabbing Logan's hand just to reassure myself that he's with me and I'll be ok with my son. We'll both be ok.

"Push as hard as you can." He told me. I took a deep breath and pushed. I could feel him moving down as I pushed. Logan stood next to keeping his hand in mine while rubbing my back.

I stopped to take a breath for a couple seconds, only to be told to push again. This went on for ten minutes, until dr Abbott spoke again.

"Alright, I can see his head. A lot of dark hair like yours." He told him. I smiled and laid my head on Logan's chest. He told me to push again which he said made the shoulders come out.

"One more hard push then he'll be here." Dr Abbott said. While I pushed, Logan said comforting things in my ear.

"You've got this, you're doing so good." Logan kissed my head. "Just a bit more than you can hold our son. Think about him. You're so, so strong paisley."

With one more deep breath and a hard push, I felt my son come out. Dr Abbott did pull him so he'd come out a bit faster but at least he's here now. A loud baby cry filled the room making me smile through my tears.

Dr Abbott immediately put my son on my chest with a towel over us as he rubbed his back. Logan leaned on the bed and looked at our little boy