|| 019 || Sharky's Lullaby 🔱 O/F

Art by Zion on ARTstreet

━━━━━━━

Gawr Gura - Romantic Oneshot

Requested by I honestly don't think anyone requested this but little shrimpy me

Word Count →  679 Words

Warnings/Notes → I mean, it's not that bad, I think I was getting my crap together around this time but I've still written better stuff. It's quite fluffy and indulgent, but I think Gura is kind've out of character here (not gremlin-y at all), but, y'know, sometimes we can want a sweet little shark.

━━━━━━━

Sleep wasn't coming to you tonight. Maybe it was because you were cold. Maybe it was because the bed felt empty without your shark girlfriend. Maybe it was because you chugged 7 cups of coffee half an hour before bed.

Gura was finishing up one of her later livestreams. You could hear her since she livestreamed in the same room as you two slept. Of course it had to be a horror game, you could tell by her squeaks and louder than usual voice.

You smiled when you heard her happily bid farewell to her viewers and then sigh as she fully relaxed after turning off her streaming gear. She seemed surprised that you were still awake but she was glad the she didn't have to do any weird shuffling to get in a comfortable position without waking you up.

"Why are you still awake?" She mumbled sleepily into your neck. You hummed and held the shark closer, letting her nuzzle closer to you. She happily curled her tail around one of your legs and wrapped her arms around your neck as she usually did before she falling asleep.

"Couldn't sleep without you. I also chugged something like, seven cups of coffee an hour ago," you mumbled into the top of her head. Gura let out a disappointed sigh when you told her this then mumbled something under her breath that you couldn't quite hear.

She remained silent for a few moments before piping up.

"If I sing for you, will you fall asleep?" You honestly didn't expect her to say this, but you nodded and agreed happily all the same. Gura took a deep breath before clearing her throat a few times. You nuzzled against her and fully relaxed, getting comfortable.

"Fly me to the moon," 

"Let me play among the stars," 

"Let me see what spring is like," 

♪ "On a, Jupiter and Mars," ♪

"In other words, hold my hand," 

"In other words, baby, kiss me~" 

You were astonished at how good her voice was. Gura didn't sing very often, and whenever she did, it was a more upbeat and loud song, so you didn't get to hear her more softer side of her singing voice.

Damn, no amount of caffeine could keep you awake after listening to her sing a song like this.

♪ "Fill my heart with song," 

♪ "And let me sing for ever more," 

♪ "You are all I long for," 

♪ "All I worship and adore," 

♪ "In other words, please be true," 

♪ "In other words..." ♪

♪ "aishiteru ♥" ♪

You felt your eyelids struggling to stay open. You were wondering if you would be able to last to the end of the song. You really hoped so, you wanted to cherish every moment of her singing.

♪ "Fill my heart with song," 

♪ "Let me sing for ever more," 

♪ "You are all I long for," 

♪ "All I worship and adore," 

♪ "In other words, please be true," 

♪ "In other words, in other words," 

♪ "I love you~" 

You let a faint smile play on your face as she sang the last note. You fell asleep pretty much straight after she finished singing. Gura smiled at how easy you fell asleep with all the caffeine in your system. She didn't mind, though. She was more than happy to fall asleep against an already sleeping you.

Her grip on you tightened somewhat as she followed you into dreamland.