43-44-45

Chapter 43 As Long As There Is Money to Make

Another day had gone, a policeman told me suddenly that I would be moved to the prison, which meant that they had found enough evidence of my crime and that I would soon be sued and imprisoned.

I didn't struggle and I didn't argue with them, cause I knew it would be meaningless. The sensible thing to do at that time was to save my energy, cause some fights would be unavoidable when I was in prison.

I was about to be transported to the prison, but before I got onto the police car, something surprising happened. A few fancy cars stopped in front of the police station. And the car in the middle was a Lexus, the driver of which got off the car, trotted to the back seat and opened the door. And then a short old man appeared from the door.

And then a middle-aged man got off a Benz car which was next to the Lexus. When I saw that middle-aged man, I knew I got new hopes. Because he was the only person who could save me, and he would absolutely save me. He was none other than Mingqiang Du, my cellmate. We used to hate each other, but then we became very good friends. He became very rich and he had gained some power in south-east Asia since he was released.

I knew he came for me. Mingqiang looked at the police car and then nodded slightly at me. I nodded back in gratitude.

And then I saw Yizheng Luo also came. He got off the other car, and shouted: "Brother Tom!" Then he began running towards me.

The policemen beside me were so frightened, they pointed their guns at Yizheng in an instant. Yizheng stood still, and looked at the policemen in surprise.

"Yizheng!! Calm yourself down and stop running around randomly! Go to Brother Mingqiang!" I shouted at him. He was so ruthless.

Yizheng nodded and walked towards Mingqiang.

Mingqiang said something to the short old man. Then that man looked at me and walked directly into the police station. He didn't say anything when he passed these policemen.

These policemen didn't seem to know that old man, but they obviously noticed something was wrong. They put away their guns and looked at each other in confusion. Then, a policeman ran back to the station. Obviously he went back to figure out what was going on.

Soon, a stout police officer rushed out, snatched the key from his inferior, and opened my handcuffs. He then smiled politely and told me that I could leave after signing a paper.

I was relieved. I walked back, signed the paper, took my stuff and left, and the fat police officer kept apologizing to me.

I met that short old man at the door. I bowed to him and said in Thai: "Thank you very much."

He didn't say anything. He nodded and walked to Mingqiang and said something to him, and then he went back to his car and left.

"Brother Tom!!" Yizheng rushed to me excitedly. Then we hugged each other tightly. He said: "Brother Tom, I knew something has happened to you because your phone had been powered off for few days. So I called Brother Mingqiang immediately. It's so good we are here in time!"

"Thank you!!" I patted his shoulder.

"You don't need to thank me. Do you know which bastard is doing this to you? I kill him!!"

"We can talk about it later. We can't do anything rash."

Then I walked to Mingqiang, looked at him, and said: "Old Du! Thank you so very much! I'm in your debt."

Mingqiang smiled: "You didn't change at all. You still don't call me Brother Mingqing. But that's cool. I don't like that address anyway. Now I want people to call me Director Du. That sounds pretty cool. Alright, let's get out of here."