115-116-117

Chapter 115 Feel the heat

"It's OK. I'm going to the county town to meet afriend. Let's go now."

 "OK." 

Then Wendy bent slightly toward my dad andmom, saying: "Uncle, aunt, I'm leaving now.Thank you for your hospitality." 

Mom looked a little disappointed, saying: "You'rewelcome. How about staying a little longer?" 

"No, thanks. I have to find a hotel."

 "Well, remember to come over for dinnertomorrow." 

"OK, thank you."

 Then dad stood up and said to me with a straightface: "Tom, drive slowly. If you drink wine in thecounty town, don't drive back until you sober up." 

"I see. If I drink too much, I will stay at YouyinTan's

 As I spoke, I walked outside. Then I got a sparemotorcycle helmet behind the gate.

Wendy followed me with her bag. 

Mom seemed to have thought of something andsaid: "Tom, help me bring something to Youyin."Then she went into the next room.

 I walked to dad's old Jialing 125CC( a type ofmotorbike) and handed the helmet to Wendy,saying: "Put it on."

 "OK." Wendy said. Wendy took over the helmetand put it on after putting her hair behind herears.

 I took the other helmet off the handlebar andfastened it on my head. I looked at her again andsaw that she was pulling at the buckle, butcouldn't fasten it for a long time.

 After watching her for a while, I couldn't helpleaning over and said: "Let me help you."

"OK." Wendy said and let go of the buckle.

 I moved closer to her. I adjusted the buckleposition and length, and since a lock of her hairgot stuck, I tucked it behind her ears. 

She lowered her eyes to avoid looking at me. Herlong lashes quivered a little. She was like a cutekitten, letting me tuck her hair and touch hercheek.

I was in a trance, and my heart beatunaccountably fast.

 I even forgot what I was doing and just looked ather.

 She looked very pretty in the night with downcasteyes. 

Once I hated Wendy. 

I hated her for putting me in prison, for herindifference, for her arrogance and prejudice.

I have kissed her forcibly, more than once, andpushed her against the wall and dragged her tobed, and every time it comes close to...

 But that's all because I wanted to get back at her. 

Then she told me that I was just trying to getback at her and she didn't like it at all. 

Then I backed off. I stopped teasing her andkissing her.

 I just wanted to leave and go my own way. 

But at that moment, I felt my heart beating.

 I thought I was starting to fall in love with her.

 I didn't know when it began.

 But we are utterly different from each other.

We have different personality, family background,wealth level, quality of life and environment,education, social relations, tastes and hobbies,etc...