137-139

Chapter 137 Partners

I smiled, "Don't worry. I can understand. If thisproject is invested one billion baht, two percent istwenty million baht. You guys gave me this so Ishould thank you."

Du Mingqiang smiled, "You don't have to thankme. You deserve it. If it wasn't you, Sucha and Iwouldn't know Anzhi Tong. That is a mere 20million baht. Anzhi is worth far more than that. 

"Most importantly, if the real estate business isprofitable, Sucha and I won't have to do the kindof business we used to do." 

I nodded, "It would be best, but only if Anzhi iswilling to work with you."

"Tom, you used a wrong word behind you. It'sonly right to replace you guys with us." 

Saying that, Mingqiang patted my shoulderheavily and said, "We're partners now.

Before, I had repeatedly reminded myself not toget too close to Mingqiang. It was okay to befriends, but not to enter his social circle, muchless participate in his business.

But unconsciously, he and I had become partners. 

The main reason that things had come to thispoint was because of Zhengwen Gong. If hehadn't set me up and gotten me into the policestation, Yizheng Luo wouldn't have calledMingqiang an Mingqiang wouldn't have askedSangkesu to save me so I wouldn't have owedthem a favor. 

And another reason was the Bansha. Mingqiangtook Sucha to stand up for me and they turnedBansha, who had tried to kill me, into a good littlebrother who did what I said. 

It was because of this favor that when Mingqiangwanted to contact Anzhi, I didn't have the goodsense to refuse.

They wanted to work with AnZhi and they reallyneeded me as an introducer. 

It was fate that threw me, a once positive youngman, into jail, and let me to meet Wendy Bai. Itwas my destiny to get closer and closer to thepeople like Mingqiang and Sucha. It seemed thatI had been more and more far away from who Iwas. 

It doesn't matter as long as I can make money.After what's happened, I had come to realize thatmoney was the way to go.

Mingqiang said that I needed to have the powerto protect myself first before I had the power toprotect those around me. 

In modern society, money was power.With money, I could also hire a couple ofbodyguards to take with me and beat upZhengwen when I meet him.

With money, Wendy's family won't say I wassomeone who caused trouble but couldn't solveit

Back in downtown Chiangmai, Mingqiang made aphone call and then told Ayue to drop by andpick up a woman in front of a fancyneighborhood.

Mingqiang told me that he never slept withwomen who didn't know what they were doing.

I consciously said that I didn't need him to driveme. I would just take a taxi back myself

But Mingqiang shook his head and said he wasjust picking up someone in passing, insisting thathe must personally drive me to the hotel. 

When I arrived at the place, there was indeed aslender, beautiful-looking, and very mixed-raceyoung girl standing at the entrance of thecommunity. And she took the initiative to comeover when she saw the car approaching.

When the car stopped, I took off and sat in thepassenger seat. 

The half-blood girl sat in the back seat andMingqiang introduced me and her to each other.