220-222

Chapter 220 I Should Buy a House

I remembered my head was almost blown off by Yake. So I deserve this much money as a compensation for what I went through.

"Tom, I'll give you the rest money by tomorrow at noon. You must keep your promise and destroy the recording." Shaoping said.

I smiled. "Don't worry. I am a man of my word. Since we have reached a deal, I will leave you to your business. See you."

I stood up and said goodbye to Wendy and left the room.

China's bank account puts a limit to the money people can withdraw when they are abroad. Each person can only withdraw a hundred thousand RMB from his account if he is in another country. But I wasn't worried about that. I know Shaoping must has many ways to find the money. He doesn't even need to withdraw money from China's bank account. Maybe he even has property in Thailand.

I walked out of the restaurant, and I called Nacha immediately. I said to him: "Nacha, do you still have that recording? Did you give it to anyone"

Nacha answered: "No. I didn't. Yake has ratted on Zhengrong. And now the authority doesn't need the recording to nail Zhengrong. So I didn't give the recording to anyone. Only Yake's lawyer listened to it."

I said: "Good. Tomorrow Gong Family will give me some money as a compensation. And when I get the money, you can destroy the recording."

"Really?" Nacha sounded very excited about the money. "Tom, how much will they give you? You deserve a huge amount of money considering what you have gone through. Do you remember. Last time, you got arrested and you were so severely abused in the police station. And Shaoping almost killed you once. So you can take as much money as you want from them."

I laughed. "They only give me five million. Don't worry. I will never forget how much you helped me. So you also have a share of this money. Tomorrow we can meet each other and have a tea or something."

"Sure, sure." Nacha said. "I am free all the time. Just call me when you have time."

"Good. I will call you tomorrow at noon."

"Good. See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow."

I hung up the phone. Ayue stopped the car in front of the restaurant, and the moment I got onto the car, Ayue said excitedly: "Shaoping finally gave in! You are amazing! Tom. Who else can earn so much money within such a short time."

I smiled. "You also have a share of this. Do you want dollar, RMB, or THB?"

Ayue froze for a second. "Tom, of course we can't take money from you. Mr Du pays us pretty well, and we also have bonus when we work outside. So we can't take money from you."

Mr Cai also said: "That's right. Tom, it was not easy for you to get the money. And besides, Mr Du will kill us if he learns that we take money from you."

"It's not that serious. I'll call Mingqiang Du and tell him about it. You guys have helped me a lot. And you deserve the money."

"Tom, all we have been doing these days are drinking and playing and eating. It is not a hard job at all. So how can we ask you to pay us."

"That's enough. I'm not going to give you a huge amount of money. It's only a few thousands."

"It's not about how much you give us......"

"That's it. I will give each of you twenty thousand dollars. It's not a lot. I just want to express my gratitude."

"Tom..."