122-123-124

Chapter 122 A Combination Of Ice And Fire

I was calm down through the talking betweenWendy and my mom. I took a deep breath andthe fresh jasmine scent permeated into my heart.Then I went to the flower field and startedworking. 

After a few moments of persuasion, Wendyrefused to come back to the house. My momsighed and taught Wendy how to pick the flowersand which bones to pick.

The fragrance of the flower field and the heat ofthe sun was like a combination of ice and fire. Iwas sweating in a short time but still immersed inthe fragrance and the lush greenery

After some time, I looked up and saw Wendyfrowned, wiping the sweat from her brow andworking again. 

"Have a rest," I shouted at her.

 "It's okay, I'll pick some more." She returnedstubbornly

2

I frowned and walked through the rows of lowers, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her towards home, "Let's go, you're not used to this kind of work, and you'll get heat stroke."

"I can do it." She said. 

"Don't be a hero, heatstroke is serious." 

"Okay, let me go, on my own."

I let her go and she said goodbye to my parents and came home with me.

 I found a clean towel for her and poured her a glass of water. 

I noticed that the back of her white T-shirt was wet when I on my way out. The pink, patterned buckle was showing and making her slim waist more seductive.

 I looked away, and asked hesitantly, "Um...Did you bring any underwear?"

 She blushed, "Why do you say that?"

"I think you're uncomfortable after sweating so much. Just go to the bathroom later and take a shower to change if you bring it." 

She lowered her head, "At the hotel."

"I'll walk you back." 

"No, it's fine, just a little sweaty. It's a waste oftime to go there and then come back."

I was a little hesitated but nodded, "Then dry yourself off in the bathroom, and I'll go back to work. Have some fruit if you're hungry, and there are dried sweet potatoes on the table. I'll be back later to cook."

"Well, I'll take care of myself. Go ahead ."

I walked away and continued to work in theflower field

After a while, I saw Wendy moving a chair to sit under the tree at the front door and looking at me, fanning with a sunflower fan of my mom. 

At noon, I came home to cook with my net bag.

 We didn't have any market here, but in the morning there were a few vegetable sellers sold vegetables driving three- wheeler's around the villages

Wendy helped me cook, and asked me why I put that ingredient in the dish and how it was cooked. 

She wanted to learn how to cook probably.

 After calling my parents back for lunch, I asked Wendy if she wanted to go back to the hotel to take a shower. She said no, and she had just wiped herself.

So I told her to go to my room to take a nap, and told her that the bamboo mat had been washed and dried, and the blanket was new. There wasn't any stink of stale sweat.Wendy hesitated for a moment and finally nodded. After taking her upstairs, I moved my dad's bed to the big tree in front of the house, lay down comfortably and fell asleep quickly with the cool breeze.In the afternoon, my family continued to pick flowers in the flower field. And it was just after three o'clock p.m.when Wendy appeared in front of the house, seemingly just getting up.She found her pair of cuffs and the basket and then helped again with her blue tied hat.Just after half an hour, I asked her to go back to have a rest.