169-170-171

Chapter 169 The Bargain

The next day, I brought them to visit the ancient town, the great canyon, and a handful of famous temples, and then we went back to downtown at four or five p.m. After having an early dinner, I asked Lun to send them to the airport for the flight to Bangkok.

They invited me to go along with them, but I refused their invitation on the pretext of being too busy to rid myself of the business and promised them I would meet them in Phuket a few days later.

So, they didn't insist on the invitation but repeated their calls for my meeting with them in Phuket.

I didn't even have time to send them to the airport in person because it was high time that we should meet Mingqiang Du in the same club we'd been to before.

After a farewell to Xin Wen and Jing Lin, I waited at the rendezvous for a while before Anzhi Tong pulled in the roadside slowly.

He asked with a smile after I opened the door to get into it, "Did your classmates leave?"

"Yes, they're going to Bangkok."

"I told you I came at a bad time, or you can have time to hang out with your classmates."

"Well, the party can be held anytime, but the chance to do business waits for no one."

Then I changed the subject and asked, "Mr. Tong, we can come to a conclusion tonight, right?"

He nodded, "Yes, that's what I wish. It depends on whether Mingqiang and Sucha can take it straightly or not. But actually, the request I made last time is also a good deal, it's the way to reach it that needs further negotiation."

"They've been discussing it for two days, certainly they should know how to deal with it."

"I hope so. By the way, Tom, could you accept that if there is a part of your increased shareholding ratio in the form of options? That means this part of the shareholdings would be held by me and Mingqiang first and then you can purchase it at a certain appointed price in a limited period as we have scheduled before. Surely we would give you part of these in the earlier stage, and the options just refer to the other part."

I replied in a hastened tone, "Of course, Mr. Tong. I will be left with guilt if you give too many shareholdings to me. That's no doubt the best way. But still, you should better subtract my shareholding ratio or I'm afraid that Sucha might be unsatisfied with it or you won't be able to reach a negotiation and thus affect your cooperation."

"Don't worry, I will try my best to keep balance. I learned from the last meeting that to what extent they could accept the minimum profits. It's not easy to ask them to cede some of their shares to you, not even mere one point, but it's ok if you buy it at a reasonable price."

Then he gave me a detailed analysis of the information he got from the last meeting.

He counted me in his camp, obviously, or in other words, he was completely candid with me.

Not long after, we arrived at our destination where Mingqiang, Sucha, and Sangkesu stood at the door and wait for us like last time.

The place of the meal was still the same suite we had last time. We didn't make small talk anymore after sitting down but go directly to the project from the very beginning.

Before we moved to the cooperation part, I found a chance to show my gratitude to Sucha in a serious way for what happened at the bar the day before.

He smiled at it and said it was not a big deal and that he felt a bit sorry for my encounter with this kind of situation in Chiangmai.

No question, no one would take the polite conversations seriously, they were just for the face.