235-237

Chapter 235 Bulletproof

This was a JEEP in light army green, which looked a bit like a Jeep Wrangler, but obviously not. It was apparently refitted, and obviously a bigger hub had been replaced with its underpan raised. Besides, its suspension system might also be replaced.

Four spotlights were added on the top of the car, but other than that there were no other fancy things. And the car was in army green, which was even a bit old. If it wasn't for the four spotlights and the obviously raised underpan, I would have thought it was an old car at first glance.

Besides, I noticed that the windshield and window panes seemed thicker, and I couldn't help but reach out and knock lightly on them.

"This is a J8, the military version of the Jeep Wrangler,of which the original front windshield was bulletproof, I changed it to a hard top, and added bullet-proof glass to the windows and rear windshield." Base smiled proudly after seeing my confusion.

Then I understood at once: "The military version? That should be pretty expensive, right? It costs a lot of money, plus the expense of refitting."

"It's not much, a few brothers and I refitted it ourselves. We just spent a little time and some money in buying the glasses in good quality. The ordinary bulletproof glass is only two or three thousand Thai Baht per square meter, but I used several times more expensive glass. As long as we don't encounter Barrett and other large caliber sniper rifles with armor-piercing bullets, no other gun can penetrate this car, not even grenade fragments, because the military version of the J8 itself is very bulletproof."

I was a little surprised: "Not even assault rifles like AKs?"

"I've personally made an experiment on it, and even both AK and M4 can not penetrate that kind of glass, so the car is simply a mobile fortress. Of course, it can only be used in gang fights or anti-assassination, but in the face of powerful firepower or even governmental troops, it still can't protect anything because a single armor-piercing bullet can pierce the entire vehicle along the driver's seat.

"Besides, I have changed the engine and some essential parts of the vehicle. It originally had a 2.8T four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine, but I replaced it with a 3.5T one, so now the engine of the car is very powerful, and although it is still not fast enough compared to many luxury sedans, ordinary cars can't catch up with it in poor road conditions and especially after it goes into the wilderness, which is its mainly advantage. Its original wading depth is nearly eighty centimeters, and after being refitted, it has reached eighty-five centimeters, which allows the vehicle to lose its pursuers in streams or other shallow water areas.

"In addition to its strong capability of anti-collusion and great weight, I also added a U-shaped bumper bar although it has an original bumper bar at the front. The front steel beam is six millimeters thicker, and the rear of it is eight millimeters thicker, so other cars will only become a pile of scrap metal if they bump into it."

Base said the words proudly, with a look of affection on his face as he slowly touched the unassuming body of the car.

It seemed that he wasn't bragging. I could tell that although the car looked ordinary, those who had touched it and seen it closely could know that it was extraordinary and that it was quite solid compared to those common cars.

The car's strength lied in its bulletproof, anti-collision and off-road capabilities, especially in the mountainous areas of northern Thailand, where it was difficult for other cars to catch up with it after the car went onto the mountains.

Even on a flat road, it did not matter that it was caught up by other cars because you could just run over those that had not been refitted and could not stand a collision.