140-142

Chapter 140 Accepting the Award

Bansha shook his head and said: "No, ifsomething bad happens to you, I'll be screwed.Mr. Sucha's men told me last night that you aregoing to make a business deal with Mr. Sucha.They asked me to keep an eye on you and not letanything bad happen to you. I daren't becareless."

I had a moment of enlightenment and said with asmile: "I' ready to go into business with him, butit's a legitimate business, not the kind he used todo."

"I know. You can do any business as long as itmakes money. But legitimate business is the bestchoice." Bansha said.

"Yes. How are you getting along with him now?Did he give you any business to do?"

After hearing that, Bansha grinned and said:"Tom, Mr. Sucha has put me in charge of severalplaces in the red-light district. It's all because I amacquaintance with you. Otherwise, how can I bequalified to work for Mr. Sucha?"

"You mean you are his man now?" I asked.

"No. I just run some business for him and hegives me a small profit. I'm not his man yet."Bansha said."OK, it's good that you have some business todo." I said. 

As the town neared, the dozens motorbikes ofBansha's men scattered, leaving only a small carand two motorbikes behind. After all, a bunch ofbikers are too ostentatious.Bansha and I went back to his bar, where we haddinner and sat for a long time. It's after nineo'clock that his men sent me back to the hotel torest.

Before I knew it, Bansha and I went from beingenemies to being what we are now. He is like myfriend as well as my men.I have tried the feeling of being respectfullyembraced by dozens of people, and alsoexperienced the life of a rich man with MingqiangDu. I found myself getting used to it and liking it. 

It made my desire to make money become morestrongly.

For the next few days, I went to work at BTTGroup in the morning, as usual, and to theshooting club in the afternoon. Bansha arrangeda car and two motorbikes to send me to and theshooting range and get me back every day.I gradually got used to guns and mymarksmanship became better and better. Igradually liked this stuff. I even spent half a dayat the shooting range on weekends after Iarranged the project team to work overtime.

Three days later, I got call form sheriff Nacha. Hetold me that my award had been approved. Iwould have 200000 baht, the title of honorarycitizenship, permanent residency in Thailand, andthe right to own land in Thailand. 

Nacha asked me implicitly if it's Sangkesu whohad helped me get the title of honorarycitizenship. 

I didn't answer the question directly. I just smiledand expressed my gratitude to sheriff Nacha andMr. Sangkesu.To be honest, I was not very interested in the titleof honorary citizenship, but 200000 baht,permanent residency in Thailand and the right toown land in Thailand are very useful.This means I can buy and sell land and play a keyrole in the cooperation of Mingqiang, Sucha,Sangkesu and Anzhi Tong.

In the joint venture, Anzhi can own 49% of theshares at most. The remaining 51% must belongto Thai citizens or people who have the right tobuy and sell land, namely Mingqiang and Sucha.In this case, Anzhi must be worried aboutMingqiang 's minor alliance affecting his actualcontrol of the company.

But if Mingqiang, Sucha and Sangkesu give me2% of their shares, they'll have 49%, which is thesame as Anzhi, and this will balance the two sides.Only when the shares are balanced, or when theshares are in favor of Anzhi, Anzhi will be willingto cooperate. 

Mingqiang, Sucha and Sangkesu also know thistruth. So Sucha offered to help me get this awardto let me balance the two sides.I went out of my way to buy a well-fitting suit andget dressed for the award on a hot day.